*Position*: SAS Developer
*Location*: Wilmington, DE
*Duration*: 6 months
*face to face after a phone interview *
*Overview of Position:*
This position will be responsible for the programs, jobs, files, and
environment in the Production processing of actuarial valuation from the
offices within Clients International operation. Additionally, they will
support the current administrators with various technical duties including
running actuarial valuations.
*Duties and Responsibilities*
1. Must be capable of modifying or enhancing applications in accordance
with business requirements in a time frame appropriate to meet the needs of
a Production environment.
2. Document all modifications, enhancements and analysis.
3. Review and evaluate business specifications to determine their
feasibility, implementation time, and compatibility with current systems
and architecture standards.
4. Analyze functional problems and make recommendations for enhancements
or modifications to deliver solutions.
5. Maintain a high level of customer service with internal customers.
*Qualifications and Experience Required*
1. Bachelors degree in IT/MIS with a minimum of 5 years progressive
experience in Information Technology (mainframe, mid-range, Intel platform)
2. A proficient level of knowledge and experience with SAS programming
3. A proficient level of knowledge and experience with scripting is
required. Microsoft PowerShell experience is a plus.
4. Basic understanding of client/server infrastructure, HPC Grid
5. Basic skills in the handling of multiple file types, such as EBCIDIC
and ASCII file types.
6. Basic knowledge and understanding of ETL (extract, transformation and
7. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
and possess the capability of producing professional-looking documentation,
flowcharts, and proposals.
8. Basic understanding of international actuarial valuation processing
and knowledge of various life insurance products is preferred.
9. Strong analytical background is required.
10. Knowledge of Change Control methodologies.
*Truth Lies in Heart*