calling code behind function from javascript

calling code behind function from javascript

Post by Shabbir Sadiq Al » Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:19:08

hi all,
what are the ways to call a code behind function from a javascript function.
like for e.g i have function name 'BindDate()' in a code behind file.
i want to call it in JavaScript function.
how is this possible?

plz reply asap.
thanks

calling code behind function from javascript

Post by Deepa » Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:57:25

Dear Shabbir,
       It's very easy. there are two approaches.
       First : postback the page with this.form.submit and then call
the function.
       Second : use ajax and call the function by building a web
service.

calling code behind function from javascript

Post by Shabbir Sadiq Al » Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:59:11

Hi deepak,
first of all thanks for replying.
i somewhat got the idea u suggested.
can u give me e.g through code. that would be more helpful.
specially what syntax to write after 'this.form.submit'
in a javascript function.
thanks

Quote: