winform control in web page, interaction from control to page

winform control in web page, interaction from control to page

Post by [MS]All » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:42:38

As far as I can tell, even if it's not impossible, there is at least no
easy way to do it. You may look at the article "Windows Forms Over the Web"
by Chris Sells on http://www.sellsbrothers.com/tools/winformsweb.pdf.

Thanks,
-Allen

Disclaimer:
Got .Net?  http://www.gotdotnet.com

--------------------

| Subject: winform control in web page, interaction from control to page
| Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:41:54 -0800
|| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms
|
| If I have a winform control on a web page, how can the
| winform control interact with other HTML elements that are
| on the same page?  For example, a user clicks a button on
| my client-side .NET control, and the control fills in an
| HTML text box or redirects a frame in a frameset.
|
| Instantiating the control and calling its methods from the
| web page is straightforward.  Going in the other direction
| is not.
|
| Regards,
| Mark

1. ActiveX controls in web page via a WinForm User Control host...

I need to encapsulate an ActiveX control and add controls to the display of
a web page, but need a great deal of control over the ActiveX control and
sibling WinForm controls (real-time display update of the ActiveX control
with data coming from a socket).  The problem is, I can't get the embedded
WinForm User Control to show up in the aspx page (using the <object> tag)
when it houses an ActiveX control.  If I remove the ActiveX control from the
User Control, the User Control displays in the aspx page just fine.

Is there something wrong with the COM interop with the multiple layers here
(IE--User Control--ActiveX).

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Ryan Kelley

2. WTB: 85 or 110MHz MicroSparc-II for SS5

3. Files getting deleted everywhere (leaving on ly folders)

4. How to control the Parent Web Page Controls from the Child Web Control

5. How do I use < than in XSL

6. Winform control in Browser using a ASPX Page gives control is not defined

7. DirectDraw Numerical Error Codes - Get this File! - dderrors.txt (0/1)

8. WinForm user controls hosted by Web page

9. winform user control on the web page, and download cache problem

10. Common class library inherited by Web Pages, User Controls and Custom Controls possible???

11. Tracing a web page interaction