RichTextBox problem with IME.

Post by FU.U. » Wed, 28 May 2003 21:48:37

I found small problem in RichTextBox with IME.

RichTextBox's IME controling is broken when assigning VB Nothing to
[Text] property of RichTextBox.

I tried to text property Nothing and "" (zero-length-string).
When I assigned "" to [Text] property, RichTextBox works well. There
was no IME controling error.
When I assigned Nothing to [Text] property, RichTextBox coudln't
handle IME.
In my case, I tried to input Korean character(one character is made of
2~3 key input) With Nothing, character couldn't made succesfully, and
seperated to each key inputs. I tried all ImeModes, but RichTextBox
couldn't handle IME well. (even Korean Mode...)

As In know, in VB, Nothing is translated automaticcaly "", but "" is
not a Nothing.
I don't know whether this is the reason of this problem. But this
automatic translation is surely bad.
I didn't find more info about this problem, but MSDN reference does
not includes info about this.
You MS people, Please add comment this problem.
If you can, reply me a mail.

*
I'm using W2k english with Korean language(not default).
I'm using MS Office too, but I don't know whether I installed Office's
IME.
And VS.NET 2003.

1. Please help - how do I create a truly international application with Windows forms - alternate IMEs

Hello,

I wish to create a windows forms application that supports both regular
Latin text input as well as Devanagari (Hindi) input via the Indic IME.

I can find countless articles on how to internationalize the display text
via pre-created resource files. This is not what I'm trying to do.

Any clue?

--sw

2. Sound FX Needed

3. Indic IME in Windows Forms

4. News Icon for Netscape - How?

5. how to control the font of IME window

6. Amiga 500

7. Unicode textbox, MS Global IME, Richedit20W

8. write_mpeg.pro

9. IME text in Visual Studio editor

10. IME on Win98

11. RichTextBox Problem #2 (some mistake)

12. RichTextBox problems...

13. Selection problem with RichTextBox