Reseting build number in VS

Post by Sajja » Thu, 01 May 2003 04:16:16

I have a csharp probject and i am using version string as 1.0.0.*, vs
increment a number on each build how can i reset this count.

thanks,
Sajjad

Reseting build number in VS

Post by Andreas Nah » Thu, 01 May 2003 06:35:50

This is no build count, but a timestamp. So you cannot reset it.

------------
Andreas Nahr
A-Soft Technologies

Quote:> I have a csharp probject and i am using version string as 1.0.0.*, vs
> increment a number on each build how can i reset this count.

> thanks,
> Sajjad

Reseting build number in VS

Post by Luke Zhang [M » Thu, 01 May 2003 18:16:17

Yes, the AssemblyVersion is based on time so that it can't be duplicated.
If you need to change it, you can sepcify it manually:

[assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.2")]

Luke

rights.)

1. Build numbers / revision numbers not incrementing.

We're using VS.NET 2003 (with VB projects).

It seems that the revision numbers are not incrementing properly: when we
build, or rebuild: they are not incrementing. However, if we leave VS and
then go back into it and rebuild, we'll have one increment. Subsequent
rebuilds, without exiting VS will not increment the build counter.

Is this normal ?

We've got our version numbers defined with fixed major and minor version
numbers, and "*" for the build and revision numbers.

I suppose/hope the "*" replaces the "auto-increment version numbers" that
was available in VB6.

Thanks.

2. Hayes Optima 33.6 & Hayes Cable Modems

3. VS build number

4. Notes with Quark Xpress?

5. .NET Add-ins -> Setup project build problems

6. HELP: Can't clear ESP

7. .NET Add-ins in Excel do not show up in Add-ins

8. Hey MVPs - Win ME and PWS 2.0

9. Help with VStudio C++ built-in add-ins

10. Building ASP.NET application resets web project... ?

11. ASP.NET Form Reset with Validation Display reset

12. VS.NET add-ins events

13. VS.NET Add-ins: How to customize ToolBox programmatically?