Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Post by Manish Parik » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:49:39

Hi All,

We are working on  an Application for Pocket PC 2002,
developing using VB.Net. THe application is getting data
from Webservice having Apache Tomcat (axis) implementation

We get response from Webservice for about 12kb+. We are
using Xmltextreader to read the stream and do Processing...
Then it is inserted/updated to SQl CE Database.

We are getting error of "The Chunk Length was not Valid"
after processing a part of stream.

Can any one help me to understand what this error is about?

Regards,

Manish

Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Post by Mike Boilen [M » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 04:56:53

That exception message means that there was an error parsing the response
from the server (specifically, an error in part of the chunked transfer
coding).  What is the url of the site to which you are sending data?  Is
the server public so that I could investigate the problem?

Mike Boilen
Developer
NET Compact Framework

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/FAQ.aspx

--------------------

| Subject: Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice
| Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:49:39 -0800

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi All,
|
| We are working on  an Application for Pocket PC 2002,
| developing using VB.Net. THe application is getting data
| from Webservice having Apache Tomcat (axis) implementation
|

| We get response from Webservice for about 12kb+. We are
| using Xmltextreader to read the stream and do Processing...
| Then it is inserted/updated to SQl CE Database.
|
| We are getting error of "The Chunk Length was not Valid"
| after processing a part of stream.
|
| Can any one help me to understand what this error is about?
|

| Regards,
|
| Manish

Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Post by Manish Parik » Sat, 12 Apr 2003 23:07:24

Thanks Mike we got it solved today by changing serverside
setting.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>That exception message means that there was an error

parsing the response
>from the server (specifically, an error in part of the
chunked transfer
>coding).  What is the url of the site to which you are
sending data?  Is
>the server public so that I could investigate the problem?

>Mike Boilen
>Developer
>.NET Compact Framework

confers no rights.
>http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/netcf/FAQ.aspx

>--------------------

>| Subject: Chunk Length Error while getting response from
Webservice
>| Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 07:49:39 -0800

microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
Quote:>| Path: cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl

Quote:>|
>| Hi All,
>|
>| We are working on  an Application for Pocket PC 2002,
>| developing using VB.Net. THe application is getting
data
>| from Webservice having Apache Tomcat (axis)
implementation

>| We get response from Webservice for about 12kb+. We are
>| using Xmltextreader to read the stream and do
Processing...
>| Then it is inserted/updated to SQl CE Database.
>|
>| We are getting error of "The Chunk Length was not
Valid"
>| after processing a part of stream.
>|
>| Can any one help me to understand what this error is
about?

>| Regards,
>|
>| Manish
>|

>.

Chunk Length Error while getting response from Webservice

Post by Jose Antonio Sanch » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:21:12

Wich server side setting you changed?

> Thanks Mike we got it solved today by changing serverside
> setting.

1. The chunk length was not valid

I'm getting the message "The chunk length was not valid" when fetching
data from Yahoo through the .NET Compact Framework.  Here is the code
I'm using:

    Private Function GetData(ByVal Symbol As String) As String
        GetData = FetchWebPage( _
            "http://quote.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=" & Symbol & _
            "&f=snxd1t1l1pohgjkv")
    End Function

    Public Function FetchWebPage(ByVal URL As String) As String
        Dim oResponse As WebResponse
        Dim oRequest As HttpWebRequest ' WebRequest
        Dim szResult As String

        Try
            oRequest = System.Net.HttpWebRequest.Create(URL)
            oResponse = oRequest.GetResponse()

            Dim oReader As New
StreamReader(oResponse.GetResponseStream())
            szResult = oReader.ReadToEnd()

            'clean up StreamReader
            oReader.Close()
        Catch ex As Exception
            Throw ex
        End Try

        Return szResult
    End Function

This code works under the normal .NET framework, but not under the
compact framework.  Does anybody have any ideas why?

2. FS: Digitech Vocalist

3. The chunk length was not valid.

4. lost programs/files after Windows 2000 Professional re-installation

5. Getting a http-500 error when returning array data from webservice

6. Step performance drop in Netware Oracle Servers

7. Transactional page calling Response.End() or Response.Redirect() causes Event Log Error

8. System.Data.DataColumn Getting Column Length

9. String length to certain length

10. Replace() bombs -- is prob. the string length or file length?

11. Getting intrinsic IIS Server,Request,and Response objects from C# component

12. Getting at Response object from VB6