context sensitive help

Post by Michae » Wed, 14 May 2003 23:21:41

Hi,

I have a problem using context sensitive help from my .Net
application.
eVB gave us the HelpClick event for each form and using
this you could use
the CreateProcess api call to call peghelp with your file,
unfortunatly .NET
CF does not expose a HelpClick event.
Does anybody know something different I could use?

thanks, Michael

context sensitive help

Post by Peter Foot [MVP » Wed, 14 May 2003 23:45:59

This is an unfortunate limitation in .NET CF v1.0. The only workaround is to
provide either a button or clickable icon on your form, or add a toolbar
button or menu entry. Once you have chosen the appropriate method to get the
user input (and there really is no right or wrong way, it depends on your
application) you can use the same approach to launch the helpfiles. You
P/Invoke the CreateProcess api call with peghelp.exe and the helpfile and
bookmark which you want to open. The CreateProcess API is included in the
WinAPI library from OpenNETCF.org :-
http://www.opennetcf.org/WinAPI.asp

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

InTheHand
http://www.inthehand.com

Quote:> Hi,

> I have a problem using context sensitive help from my .Net
> application.
> eVB gave us the HelpClick event for each form and using
> this you could use
> the CreateProcess api call to call peghelp with your file,
> unfortunatly .NET
> CF does not expose a HelpClick event.
> Does anybody know something different I could use?

> thanks, Michael

1. Context Sensitive Help (F1) not working in Visual Studio

Hi,

I've installed Visual Studio 6.0 and its compatible MSDN (from October
1998) without any problems.
After several weeks I had to re-install the IE on my machine. Ever
since, the context senesitive help (F1) stopped working in VS. When I
try it I get the error: "Attempting to use an invalid help file.".
Of course, there's no problem activating MSDN directly.
I tried to re-install MSDN but it didn't help.

Is there a simple way to get the F1 working again?

Thanks,

Irit Rosdeutscher,
Merucry Interactive.

2. New Ide At Interface!

3. Accessing context sensitive help files from CF

4. Cheap Densitometers

5. Integrating Context Sensitive help.

6. parallel numerical algorithms.

7. Context sensitive help in VB .NET

8. can't get acl to work!

9. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN

10. Context-Sensitive Help in Custom Wizard

11. F1 key not giving context sensitive help from MSDN

12. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

13. Context-sensitive Help for Menu Items