PB app check MS network connection from NT to NT - is share connected and valid

PB app check MS network connection from NT to NT - is share connected and valid

Post by Brian Mitchin » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am writing an application that will pull data from NT Workstation
and WfW systems.  The data will be in ASCII format.  The app will be
running from NT Server.   The first step will be to check to make sure
that there is a connection between the server and the workstation.
Does anyone know of a way to check this?

More detail:
I plan on the server connecting to the shares of the workstations (I
know... backwards) and "remembering" those connections.  Once I know
that I have a connection (how do I do this) I will parse the data and
put it into a SQL data base.

I am running the application on the server (as apposed to running an
application on the workstations the put the data into the data base)
because the app developers on the workstation side want nothing to do
with adding the data to the data base... it is a requirement!

Again, what is want is to make sure that the network connection is
open and valid between the server and the NTWS or WfW.  There are
DLL's to do this but I am having trouble understanding them.  Does
anyone know a simple way to do this or can anyone help me figure out
these DLL's.

-Brian Mitchiner

Cincinnati

Post by Mike Swa » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I am writing an application that will pull data from NT Workstation
: and WfW systems.  The data will be in ASCII format.  The app will be
: running from NT Server.   The first step will be to check to make sure
: that there is a connection between the server and the workstation.
: Does anyone know of a way to check this?

  Will this be a 16 bit or 32 bit application?

--

disclamer: I lie.

PB app check MS network connection from NT to NT - is share connected and valid

Post by Brian Mitchin » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

This will be a 32 bit app.

>: I am writing an application that will pull data from NT Workstation
>: and WfW systems.  The data will be in ASCII format.  The app will be
>: running from NT Server.   The first step will be to check to make sure
>: that there is a connection between the server and the workstation.
>: Does anyone know of a way to check this?

>  Will this be a 16 bit or 32 bit application?

>--

>disclamer: I lie.

-Brian Mitchiner

Cincinnati

1. PB for Win or PB for NT on NT?

When I try PB 4.0 for Window on N.T. Workstation 3.5, I found that I cannot
compile to EXE if I include a large 256 color bitmap.

However, using PB 4.0 for NT, I cannot use keyboard to select from a drop
down list box.

Can anyone tell me which version should I use under Window N.T. 3.5 ?

Thanks in advance!

| Andrew Leung from HONG KONG               |
| HOSPITAL AUTHORITY            /\__/\      |

| Tel   : (852) 2515 1603  __oOO_(__)_OOo__ |
| Fax   : (852) 2515 0420  My life as a dog |

2. new creative labs 56kflex/flash...no caller id detection...why????

3. ODBC connection to MS Access 2.0 from PB 4.0 (NT)

4. Who sells Times Ten Cyrillic A for PC?

5. NT3.5, PB NT 4.0 Oracle NT Database Driver

6. Anyone Running 3.7 on a 170

7. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

8. VT100 (DEC) Setup Problem (online/offline)

9. Wide area networks:NT server, NT Work Station, 95/98 Work Station

10. Sharing MDI Windows between PB and non-PB apps.

11. PB 4.0.03 & Sybase NT Workstation 10 Connect Problems

12. Copy loacal file from within PB App. to NT Server