Clearing check-outs

Post by Leslie J. Cummin » Wed, 28 Sep 1994 03:07:09

How do you manually clear check-outs?  We have check-outs that have
been performed on different machines with the same username ( the string
representation that is) but when we go to check the file in or attempt
to clear the check-out we get an error message saying the users
 are different.

* Koala Consulting                   phone/fax: 303-424-7148         *

Clearing check-outs

Post by Anne Logst » Thu, 29 Sep 1994 12:22:24

Are you using version control?  Sometimes it screws up and doesn't let you
check things back in, even though you were the one who checked them out.
What works for PVCS is to clear the registration status, then re-register
it.  It will use the same PVCS LOG file when you re-register, but you wont
lose the version information.

If you aren't using PVCS and the Clear Check-Out Status option doesn't work,
try optimizing.  Seems to cure a lot of things.

HTH
Paul Logston        | My opinion is free, and worth at least what you

Clearing check-outs

Post by Craig Wagn » Sun, 02 Oct 1994 00:01:40

Quote:>How do you manually clear check-outs?  We have check-outs that have
>been performed on different machines with the same username ( the string
>representation that is) but when we go to check the file in or attempt
>to clear the check-out we get an error message saying the users
>are different.

A couple of options I can think of:

1. Use the View Check-Out Status to determine which username checked out the
object in the first place.  Start PB as that username and check the objects
back in.

2. Delete the central object and just copy the modified version into the
central library.
--

1. Excel: Check Box, Create & Clear

I'm interested in designing a fairly simple (I hope) spreadsheet with Excel
7.0, and would like assistance with one or two features, please.

First of all, I'd like to create a column that contains a Boolean Check Box
field.  Being new to Excel 7.0, I'm not sure if this is possible.

Let me take a moment and explain what I'm trying to do:

The spreadsheet should have FIVE columns:

1.  Check Box for YES or NO.  An X means YES.
2.  Item
3.  Cost
4.  Quantity
5.  Total Cost (Cost multiplied by Quantity)

If a YES/NO Check Box field CAN be created, I'd like to do that.  I'm not
sure how, right now.

Assuming such as Check Box field can be created, I would like to use the
AutoFilter feature to find only the records that have been checked off, and
then print out a report for these records.

Is this possible?

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly:  After the report has been printed
(it need not be saved), I want to globally deselect the X's out of all the
records.  In other words, I want all the X's in the Check Boxes cleared
out.

Can THIS be done?  Can a macro be written that clears out all the Check
Boxes with one mouse click?  This is perhaps the single most essential and
critical part of the spreadsheet.

Lastly, I want the QUANTITY field to have a Default value of 1.  I can
probably figure out how to do this; it's probably in the documentation
somewhere.  I haven't found it, though.

But I'm primarily concerned with creating, and clearing, Check Boxes.  Can
such a spreadsheet be created?

Thank you very much!  Jack Danniel

2. ColorSync Manager

3. serial port check ? null modem cable check ?

4. Create a procedure

5. Check this site - Worth checking SAP link

6. MouseText and Basic

7. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box

8. Short Term Memory Allocator ????

9. Can not check check boxes

10. "Check In Check Out"

11. adv - ASSET & BACKGROUND CHECKS!..WE CHECK PEOPLE OUT!!_