PB403: Composite DW/Child Prob

Post by Joe McNama » Wed, 17 Jan 1996 04:00:00

    Does anyone know how to access a report DW that had a parent and a
grandparent who are composite DW reports?

   dw_watson::
       dw_preferences::
            dw_joblocation::

  I can get the a reference to dw_preferences via dw_watson.getchild but
cannot access the DW inside the preferences composite report.  Any
suggestions?

     Thank you in advance,

         Joe M.

--

PB403: Composite DW/Child Prob

Post by Kjetil Kilha » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

From the keyboard of Joe McNamara (in comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder):

->     Does anyone know how to access a report DW that had a parent and a
-> grandparent who are composite DW reports?

->    dw_watson::
->        dw_preferences::
->             dw_joblocation::

->   I can get the a reference to dw_preferences via dw_watson.getchild but
-> cannot access the DW inside the preferences composite report.  Any
-> suggestions?

Lucky you. I can't even get the first reference. This is a 4.0.03 bug (some of
the problems in this respect are fixed in 4.0.03, but not all. But everything
will of course be _much_ better in the next version.
Yep, have we heard that before?

My only suggestion: pester them (PS) about it. They should devote some more
resources to getting the bugs out and some less to introducing new features all
the time.

->      Thank you in advance,

->          Joe M.

-> --

Kjetil Kilhavn -- archer, member of Team OS/2
(Brought to you by Telenor, the telecom company in Norway)

1. PB403: Composite DW probs.

   Pull'in my hair out about Composite DW reports.  I have a composite report
with about a dozen smalled DW reports and I need to access the inner
Datawindows.   For instance I want to check (via SQL in a PB script) if
any records exists in an inner DW report so I can make the report DW
invisible.  Also in another inner DW report I need to translate some data
with is not (and cannot be) normalized.

   My composite report is dw_watson.

   An inner report is dw_wat_summary with an object name of 'watson_summary'

 I've tried both the following:

   if dw_watson.dw_wat_summary.RowCount() ....

and

   if dw_watson.watson_summary.RowCount() ....

Neither work.  In both cases I get a 'Incompatible field "watson_summary" for
type dw_watson' and 'Incompatible field "dw_wat_summary" for type dw_watson'.

 Help!  I absolutely need to access the inner datawindows from PB script.

   Much Thanks in Advance,

           Joe M.

--

2. free fonts for a free geos

3. Drop Down (child DW) and external DW

4. DSP56002EVM without alias filter

5. PB403: Report DW problem

6. 2000Server Logs 4 hours faster than clock

7. PB403: SetItem() space prob?

8. COUNTRY.SYS missing...

9. Composite DW Print

10. DW's overlap in composite report

11. Composite dw printing problem

12. Possible to remove blue border on composite DW?