OLE with MS Word??

Post by RTJ Corporati » Fri, 10 Jun 1994 04:27:16

Greetings,

We need to do the following, and part of our evaluation of the Enterprise edition of PowerBuilder is to ascertain this information.  We are currently using the desktop product.

We want to make a hot link between our datafile (say WATCOM server) and any Microsoft Word documents we choose.  Then, the user can go into MS Word (or Excel...) and have real-time data for letters, graphing, spreadsheets and the like.

Can this be done?  Is OLE2 the solution?  Is there a better way?

I understand as well, that MS Word documents and their associated menus and toolbars can be imbedded into a PowerBuilder GUI, using OLE/OLE2.  Is this correct?

Thank you very much,

Mark A. Lilly

OLE with MS Word??

Post by cis.. » Sat, 11 Jun 1994 21:43:48

> Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder

> Subject: OLE with MS Word??

> Date: Wed, 8 Jun 1994 19:27:16 GMT

> Greetings,

> We need to do the following, and part of our evaluation of the

Enterprise edition of PowerBuilder is to ascertain this information.
We are currently using the desktop product.
Quote:

> We want to make a hot link between our datafile (say WATCOM server)

and any Microsoft Word documents we choose.  Then, the user can go
into MS Word (or Excel...) and have real-time data for letters,
graphing, spreadsheets and the like.
Quote:

> Can this be done?  Is OLE2 the solution?  Is there a better way?

> I understand as well, that MS Word documents and their associated

menus and toolbars can be imbedded into a PowerBuilder GUI, using
OLE/OLE2.  Is this correct?
Quote:

> Thank you very much,

> Mark A. Lilly

The current release of PowerBuilder 3.0a does not support OLE2. It
does however support DDE. According to PowerSoft, they announced at
the users/developers conference in Orlando that the next release of
PowerBuilder will support OLE2.

1. Memory error with OLE to MS Word

Hi,

I am new to PowerBuilder and am trying to store MS Word Documents in
Sybase Image fields.  I have placed and OLE control on a Window so the
user can start Word from within a PB app, but I consistently get out
of memory errors when I attempt a SELECT BLOB command.  I didn't have
problems when I stored the documents as separate files, but the
customer wants the documents to be stored in the database.  Are there
any functions for freeing up memory or telling me how much memory is
available?

Thanks,
Lori Vallerani

2. CANON 440 WON'T PRINT

3. Problems with OLE and MS-Word

4. I need information on Virtual Realities!!!

5. HELLPPP! - OLE & MS WORD question

6. Macintosh/ImageWriter Networking Products

7. OLE and MS Word Problems

8. MS-Word OLE events

9. MS-Word OLE question

10. OLE 2.0, Powerbuilder 4.0 and MS Word

11. OLE MS WORD statement to function calls