PB Timer Questions

Post by Bob Rege » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I'm having some problems using the timers in PB. In particular, I would like
to have script in the timer event of one window execute (sorta in the
background) while scripts are also being executed in another window. It
appears that this does not work because the timer events are given a lower
priority, or something else I dont understand is going on.
The script in the timer events do not execute until the other processes are
complete.

One of my objectives was to build a Progress Meter object, using the meter
supplied in cpalette.dll.
I wanted to have the object smooth out progress steps, by using the timer
event in the progress meter window. This was important because there are many
times when external progress updates to the object could not be accomplished.
I wanted the object to update itself to a certain degree, by way of the timer
events.
Anyone know if this is possible, and what I must do to get this type of scheme
to work.

bob

PB Timer Questions

Post by Dave Mille » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>I'm having some problems using the timers in PB. In particular, I would like
>to have script in the timer event of one window execute (sorta in the
>background) while scripts are also being executed in another window. It
>appears that this does not work because the timer events are given a lower
>priority, or something else I dont understand is going on.
>The script in the timer events do not execute until the other processes are
>complete.

>One of my objectives was to build a Progress Meter object, using the meter
>supplied in cpalette.dll.
>I wanted to have the object smooth out progress steps, by using the timer
>event in the progress meter window. This was important because there are many
>times when external progress updates to the object could not be accomplished.
>I wanted the object to update itself to a certain degree, by way of the timer
>events.
>Anyone know if this is possible, and what I must do to get this type of scheme
>to work.

Look up Yield().

The opinions expressed are my own and may not reflect reality.

1. Timers and timer device

Hi,

I want to make a VxWorks I/O device (/dev/times for example) that handles
all
my timers. With an ioctl() call can I then initialise, start, stop all the
timers
I want to have and with a select() call I can wait on this timer device and
any other
that I have. POSIX timers (timer_create, timer_settime, etc..) I
cannot (?) use as they signal into a task context. What should I
use instead ?

Greetings,
Bart

2. OS9.1

3. Besides system main timer,what other kind of timer we can use?

4. Is an SS2 really worth it?????

5. rtc cmos timer/system timer

6. How to put VBR is FAST RAM (e.g. 68010 systems)

7. How To define 200us Real-Timer Timer In WDM?

8. Falcon + FPU problems

9. X-10 Mini-Timer MT10A Question

10. Stanley "Lightmaker Power Timer" question

11. X10 First Timer Questions

12. Question about timers for x-10

13. Timer Question