HELLPPP! - OLE & MS WORD question

Post by Jack Bade » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

To anyone who knows:
   Using PowerBuilder 4, I have a function which dynamically creates
an OLE object for MS WORD (6.0) called Contract_ltr.
    <<  Contract_ltr.ConnectToNewObjeect("word.basic") >> - all this
works fine.
    Using WORD Basic commands, I open an existing WORD file that has
bookmarks embedded in it. I then issue a series of:
    contract_ltr.EditGoTo("string")
    contract_ltr.Insert(stuff)
commands to build the letter. On the 14th "EditGoTo" command, I get
"Application Error; Winword caused a GPF in module Winword.exe at
00DE:4137", followed by a PB system error message -- Error #35.
    I can swap the order of the "GoTo"/"Insert" pairs without
apparent problem. It always crashes on the 14th pair, even if
earlier it worked OK when that pair was higher in the list.
    I suspect that my PB code is getting scrambled and the string in
"EditGoTo" is getting lost somehow. I'm using a 486SX machine with
16 MB Ram.
    Is there a limit of 14 such pairs? Any known bugs? Any suggested
fixes or get arounds? Thanks in advance for any help.
                                        Jack Bader

HELLPPP! - OLE & MS WORD question

Post by Joyce Kniepkam » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi Jack, Hasn't anyone helped you yet? Joyce

1. MS-Word OLE question

Hi folks,

If I integrate Word in my app

1. can I save the document in a memo field ?
2. does the user have access to the same toolbars as he would if he used
Word itself ?
3. any issues related to different versions of Word (6.0, 7.0, 8.0...) ?
Will they all work ?
4. any thing I should watchout for ?
5. any valuable documentation I need and where do I get it ?

Thanks.

--
============================
Stphane Hbert

============================

2. Thank you very much everyone!!!

3. MS Excel & MS Word - HELP

4. Wav player for OS/2 with volume control

5. MS-Word OLE events

6. why wasn't the .NET project /solution files done in XML ?

7. Memory error with OLE to MS Word

8. Windows XP, the next Windows - stupid name?

9. Problems with OLE and MS-Word

10. OLE 2.0, Powerbuilder 4.0 and MS Word

11. OLE and MS Word Problems

12. OLE MS WORD statement to function calls