PowerMaker Security

Post by Hank Trol » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi. I am not a software developer, so please excuse what may be an
obvious question. Also, please let me know if there is a better
newsgroup to post this question to.

Our organization has a PowerBuilder application and the users make use
of PowerMaker on a regular basis. It appears that we have no good way
to restrict PowerMaker access/update capabilities, thus making use of
the product a security issue with us. Is this really the case? Are they
ways to adequately control PowerMaker access/control capabilities.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1. PowerMaker Security

PowerMaker security is really a function of the database. If the users
do not have access or update privileges on the database, PowerMaker will not
affect this in any way. They'll get nice errors (ahem) from the database in
response to disallowed actions. You'll probably want to discuss your security
requirements with your database administrators.

Daryl
--

WANTED: Instructors with experience in Microsoft tools and/or PowerBuilder.

2. How Can I Change the

3. PowerMaker?

4. Access V2 and Y2K Help!!

5. PowerMaker vs. VB3?

6. how do i get replace-string to insert a carriage return (or newline)

7. PowerMaker? Watcom?

8. Project ai 767 taxi quirk

9. Powermaker (Infomaker) and Oracle/Sybase

10. PowerMaker v.3 intial value question

11. PowerMaker-PowerBuilder Transition

12. Help with PowerMaker/Oracle 7

13. PowerMaker: Retrieval args to dddw?