GPF in PB3.0a

Post by Ramdas That » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am facing the familiar GPF problem using PB3.0a. The only difference
is it is little inconsistent in the sense that  the GPF appears while
running the application as an EXE and not when running it from PB.

The EXISTING WORKING VERSION of the EXE has this particulr WINDOW with
one datawindow control and several command buttons.  The change i want
to make is to add 2 single line edit fields and static text labels for
them and one more commmand button. The application consists of an EXE
with 6 shared (DYNAMIC) libraries (PBDs)

I found that, after adding even 1 static text field to this window
and on clicking 2 command  buttons which are meant to open the same
window after specific checks causes this problem.

The scenario is these 2 buttons are say 1. New 2. Painter
clicking New opens a default layout as defined in the database and
Painter opens an existing layout.

When either of thses buttons are clicked this GPF occurs. Mind u the
existing version of the application is working' pretty peacefully
at the customer site.

Can u help me........

Cheers
Ramdas

GPF in PB3.0a

Post by Bill McCrack » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>I am facing the familiar GPF problem using PB3.0a. The only difference
>is it is little inconsistent in the sense that  the GPF appears while
>running the application as an EXE and not when running it from PB.
>The EXISTING WORKING VERSION of the EXE has this particulr WINDOW with
>one datawindow control and several command buttons.  The change i want
>to make is to add 2 single line edit fields and static text labels for
>them and one more commmand button. The application consists of an EXE
>with 6 shared (DYNAMIC) libraries (PBDs)
>I found that, after adding even 1 static text field to this window
>and on clicking 2 command  buttons which are meant to open the same
>window after specific checks causes this problem.
>The scenario is these 2 buttons are say 1. New 2. Painter
>clicking New opens a default layout as defined in the database and
>Painter opens an existing layout.
>When either of thses buttons are clicked this GPF occurs. Mind u the
>existing version of the application is working' pretty peacefully
>at the customer site.
>Can u help me........
>Cheers
>Ramdas

Optimize, and regenerate all objects in your project.   Even though
the app works, it still may have internal problems in the existing
EXE.

1. HELP!!! GPF in PB3.0a

This is in reference to a GPF we receive when importing data into a
database located on an NT Server.

Configuration:
   Client machines are running WFW 3.11,32 MB RAM, Oracle 2.0

   Server machine is NT

The GPF =>  PBSTUB caused a General .... in ORA7WIN.DLL

The custom import process is started from within the application .exe -
The GPF pops up at the end of the import process.

NOTE: all the data is imported everytime, however, this GPF pops up
at the conclusion.

Right now it is more of an annoyance just to have to restart the app.
But needs to be resolved soon..  Any help would be greately appreciated.

                                                          Steve

2. 3C 3 dead in 8 weeks

3. Difference with PB3.0a and PB3.0d

4. CCIE Sample Question.

5. A *serious* PB3.0 and PB3.0a bug.

6. Mssql 7.0 cannot be removed

7. Q:MS SQL Server & PB3.0a - change pwd?

8. Trouble:UW HD on CyberStromPPC

9. Help - PB3.0a Date fields

10. Help - PB3.0a, MS SQL Server 4.2 conversion from Watcom 3.2e

11. executable will run, but cant run from within PB3.0a

12. more info executable will run, but cant run from within PB3.0a

13. PB3.0a - How to check uniqueness in DW