How does one put a dataWindow Title over grid style columns?

How does one put a dataWindow Title over grid style columns?

Post by Ray Gano » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I find that using the grid style is the most convenient
method for my purposes, however, I am left with the
problem of not being able to centre a title.  It seems
that the title must either be in one column or another
but not spanning multiple columns.  A similar problem
results when I want footer information, especially
since I have to arbitrarily drop/hide columns based
on run-time information.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
Thanks for any help.

Mark

Please follow-up post or forward any responses to

Post by Mark O'Ha » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

writes:

>I find that using the grid style is the most convenient
>method for my purposes, however, I am left with the
>problem of not being able to centre a title.  It seems
>that the title must either be in one column or another
>but not spanning multiple columns.  A similar problem
>results when I want footer information, especially
>since I have to arbitrarily drop/hide columns based
>on run-time information.

>Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
>Thanks for any help.

>Mark

>Please follow-up post or forward any responses to

You can have titles on a grid style datawindow that are not subject to
the grid lines by doing the following:

    1) Create text field on grid - any place
    2) Right mouse on field - select Layer..
    3) Select Foreground

Now the field can be moved about and resized without grid limitations.

                                    Mark O'Hara

Post by Vijay Raghav » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

O'Hara) writes:

>writes:

>>I find that using the grid style is the most convenient
>>method for my purposes, however, I am left with the
>>problem of not being able to centre a title.  It seems
>>that the title must either be in one column or another
>>but not spanning multiple columns.  A similar problem
>>results when I want footer information, especially
>>since I have to arbitrarily drop/hide columns based
>>on run-time information.

>>Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?
>>Thanks for any help.

>>Mark

>>Please follow-up post or forward any responses to

>You can have titles on a grid style datawindow that are not subject to
>the grid lines by doing the following:

>    1) Create text field on grid - any place
>    2) Right mouse on field - select Layer..
>    3) Select Foreground

>Now the field can be moved about and resized without grid limitations.

>                                    Mark O'Hara

Just to complete this neat little technique:

The grid will still show up behind the TITLE unless

(1) you extend the text width as wide as the dw,
(2) change the background color of the text to white, and
(3) specify the text to black

1. Dynamic copy of one column to another column in a grid datawindow

I am trying to come up with a method to copy the contents of one column in a
grid datawindow to another column in the same grid datawindow.  The datawindow
data source is EXTERNAL . . .

The context of this question is I am creating a grid datawindow with a graph
and
I want the graph to dynamically change as I choose the column to sort by and
the values to graph.

I am performing the sort thru a drag and drop which is working rather slick.
But, I want to select the values to be graphed through a drop-down list box
which will trigger copying the column of values to an invisible column on the
datawindow which is linked to the graph.  Hence, when the invisible column
changes the graph will change (at least this is my guess).

Ultimately, I will want to also allow the user to specify the graph type--but
one step at a time.

Any ideas, help or simliar experiences are of course appreciated

--Thanks  John

2. A new GUI for mySQL

3. Report Title for Grid style dw

4. with linksysBEFSR41 V.2

5. grid style DataWindow selection

6. Problem compiling lcc-win32 source - missing 'AddNewAuto' function

7. Graph Style DataWindow - How to Update Title?

8. rastefile.h copyright permission

9. Grid style datawindow question

10. want to move the variable in the first column to the title ( proc report)

11. FW: want to move the variable in the first column to the title ( proc report)

12. Datawindow grids; functions in datawindows

13. Style only one column with proc print