dddw to dddw

Post by Your User Na » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am having problem with communication between 2 dropdowndatawindows. i
am trying to do the powersoft text book on mastering datawindows. i did
what it has asked but with little success. As mentioned in the book, i
have 1 main datawindow, consisting of 2 dddw s, dddw_deptid and
dddw_empid. the final product should work like this--when the user
selects some department, all the employees in that department should
shown in the dddw_empid. for this i am using 1 table, consisting of
deptid, deptname, empid, empname, state. In the datawindow, i am making
the deptid's edit to be dddw_deptid so that the display is deptname and
when selected, deptid is stored in the database(display and data).
similarly for empid--display-empname and data-empid. I removed the
deptname and empname from display on the datawindow. Also for the two
dddw, i am using another two datawindows, one containing deptid,
deptname(d_dept) and other containing empid, empname(d_emp) columns. for
the datawindow d_emp, i giving a retrieval argument for empid.
        In the itemchanged event for the main datawindow, i used a
childdatawindow for the dddw_empid and for each deptid selected i am
retrieving the empname. As mentioned in the book i used a insertrow in
the openevent of the window to remove the retrive argument when i open
the window. BUT the retrieve argument is still coming, and i also feel
that every is not working right( about the data coming up in the empid
for each selected dept).
        Can any tell me where i wrongly stepped. Thanks

1. Setting Editmask for SLE portion of DDDW?

Howdy!

I have a need to set an edit mask for the single line edit portion of an
editable drop down datawindow child.  I've tried a couple of different ways
to do this, but without success.

What I need to do is dynamically set a mask to either numeric or character
based on a user's selection elsewhere on the window.

Is this possible?  If so, how?  If not, can anyone suggest a workaround?

Thanks in advance,
-Bill

2. Are there any real development editors out there?

3. Dynamic criteria for DDDW + OLE question + {my signature}

4. LANceGS network card question

5. Using Example DDDW Calendar Object

6. cisvc.exe problem

7. Searching dddw with AllowEdit set to FALSE

8. WebExplorer gives error connecting to news server

9. Edit Validation of dddw items with AllowEdits attrib on.

10. DDDW in a Grid Style DW ?

11. Q: DW & DDDW

12. Problem with tabular DW with embedded DDDW column !

13. dddw editing questions