Connecting to FoxPro tables using ODBC from PowerBuilder (4.04)

Connecting to FoxPro tables using ODBC from PowerBuilder (4.04)

Post by Estherlita Griffith » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Over the past two weeks, the following annoying error occurs everytime I
access FoxPro tables from PowerBuilder (only during testing using the
Database Administration painter).

Even though the ODBC is set up to read these tables from the LAN F:\,
each time I try to display the records, I get the following error:
"Error reading drive A:\    CANCEL/RETRY".  After I hit the CANCEL button
a couple of times, it displays the table.

Has anyone out there encountered this, and what is the solution.  I have
checked the PB.INI file for any references to the A:\ drive, but there
are none.

1. powerbuilder 4.04 problems

I was reading in the administrator guide that "after creation [of the
database], the database's name cannot be easily changed".

I was wondering if it is actually possible to change the database name.  If it
is, does anyone know how to do it?    I know the name gets stuck in the
control files, data files, and redo logs, and you would have to change it in
all these places ( as well as the init.ora file)  Is it possible to do this,
or would it be easier to just create a new database on another machine and do
a full import from the origional database, and then recreate the database on
the origional machine?

please send email, thanks.

Ken H.

2. CD-R

3. Memo fields in Visual FoxPro 6 using MS VFoxPro ODBC Driver - WITH code snippet

4. packed alignment for SGI cc

5. Memo fields in Visual FoxPro 6 using MS VFoxPro ODBC Driver

6. this newsgroup is like should be done and over with come on guys get a grip.

7. Performance!! PB using FoxPro ODBC RETRIEVE()?

8. Problem connecting to USR 56kmodem via null modem cable

9. OrbixWeb Connection Timeout Using Communicator 4.04

10. AppletSecurityException using VBJ 3.1 and Communicator 4.04

11. Can PB 4.04 be used to upgrade PB3.0?

12. File/record locking of Foxpro dbf's possible using Powerbuilder front end??

13. PowerBuilder - using DB2 thru ODBC/EDA