PB Local Database connection problem

Post by Winson Kwo » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I have created an application with local Watcom databse and runs OK on my PC. When I deploy
it to the user's PC, the following errors occurs

Unable to connect to the inventory database DB erro code: -82
DB Error message : SQLSTATE=08001
[Watcom][ODBC driver] unable to connect to database server: unable to start specified
databasse

I have followed every single step in the Installation and Deployment Guide, and try
using the deployment for windows in th CD rom but still not works.

Mind you, I have set all the path correctly at I thought so. Also all the DLLs and EXEs
files are in there or at least on the system's search path.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Winson

PB Local Database connection problem

Post by pncbn » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have created an application with local Watcom databse and runs OK on my
PC. When I deploy
>it to the user's PC, the following errors occurs

>Unable to connect to the inventory database DB erro code: -82
>DB Error message : SQLSTATE=08001
>[Watcom][ODBC driver] unable to connect to database server: unable to
start specified
>databasse

>I have followed every single step in the Installation and Deployment
Guide, and try
>using the deployment for windows in th CD rom but still not works.

>Mind you, I have set all the path correctly at I thought so. Also all the
DLLs and EXEs
>files are in there or at least on the system's search path.

>Any help is welcome!

>Thanks in advance!

>Winson

do you have a multi user version of watcom ?