1. Original HP 9190A Scanner - I've Tried Everything, It Just Won't Work!!!
A friend just gave me his HP 9190A Scanner. I've tried almost everything
short of opening the thing up.
Here is what I have done so far (in order):
-Installed the Card (HP C2502-66500) and plugged everything in
-Used the oldest Drivers I could find on the HP Web site and put the
following in CONFIG.SYS
I get the following Responses back:
"PATH 0 is a V1.6 SDMS (TM) BIOS with Image 0800:0000 IRQ=00 DMA=No"
"*** Installation of HP Scanner Driver ABORTED! ***"
-I then added /INT=5, and the same message appeared, only with IRQ=05, so I
then tried 3,4,7, and 9, Same results, only with diffrent IRQ Values
-I then started fiddling with diffrent combinations of /SETADDR, /INT, /LOCK
and /DMA, but no success
-Tried using the jumper on it (if it even is a jumper) - has 3 pins with a
one marked next to it
-I tried the Windows 98 Scanner card driver, still didn't work
-I tried different drivers, including sjdvrx.sys, sjii.sys, etc. Nothing
-Looked all over the HP Web site for answers, and It's like the scanner
-Looked on DejaNews, and there was a response there in some Foreign
-Found other people asking questions using the different search engines,.and
most of them don't even have responses, or their answers just point them
back to the useless HP site.
- Tried the card & scanner in a different computer, same results.
So here are my questions:
-Did Hewlett-Packard just leave the 9190A users out in the cold?
-am I using the correct card/scanner Combination (9190A with HP C2502-66500)
-am I using the correct drivers?
-can it be used with Windows 98?
I would really appreciate the help.
It would really help too if someone uploaded the Original Driver Disk(s) for
the 9190A (looked already, can't find them).
(if it's not too big, E-mail the driver disk files also...)
Thank you very much in advance..
2. HE!HO!- I need CDROM Drivers
3. The contest says i've entered today, but i haven't?
4. sprites routine wanted
5. I've said it once, i'll say it again...
6. Need to connect 2 PC's and 1RPC
7. I've searched and I can't find it..........
8. Norton Network Administrator
9. HELP, I've subscribed and I can't get off
10. 3Dfx - I'm confused (I've tried both!)
11. Help : I've fallen and can't get up
12. Cannot install Messenger 'cos I've only IE version 5.0