highlight row in header group band of dw

Post by Ahmad Ghoshe » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> In my dw, I do not have any detail lines.  All the information is displayed
> in the header group band.  When I "double-click" a row on the header group
> band, I am able to go down another level (opening another window) and
> display the appropriate information relating to the row I just clicked.  Once
> I click the CLOSE button on the second window, I would like to highlight the
> row I clicked in the first window.  Is it possible to highlight a particular
> row on the header group band?

> Thanks in advance.I do not know if anyway for that. I would like to know if anyone has

figured this one out.

--
Ahmad Ghosheh
PowerDesign

Post by DAS.. » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

In my dw, I do not have any detail lines.  All the information is displayed
in the header group band.  When I "double-click" a row on the header group
band, I am able to go down another level (opening another window) and
display the appropriate information relating to the row I just clicked.  Once
I click the CLOSE button on the second window, I would like to highlight the
row I clicked in the first window.  Is it possible to highlight a particular
row on the header group band?

Thanks in advance.

highlight row in header group band of dw

Post by Diane Dies » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

:> Subject: highlight row in header group band of dw
:> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:46:19
:> In my dw, I do not have any detail lines.  All the information is displayed
:> in the header group band.  When I "double-click" a row on the header group
:> band, I am able to go down another level (opening another window) and
:> display the appropriate information relating to the row I just clicked.
Once
:> I click the CLOSE button on the second window, I would like to highlight the
:> row I clicked in the first window.  Is it possible to highlight a particular
:> row on the header group band?
:
:Dear  friend,
:you can probably try this.
:store the POinterY in the doubleclick event.
:go to the other window (is it a response window?)
:when you comeback, display a static text with appropriate colour at a location
:based on pointerY. very tricky but may serve your requirement.

Something similar that I've done to give some kind or row indicator in
the header band is this (works for PB 4.0).  Unfortunately, this probably
won't work as is for the original poster (who has no detail rows) but might
somehow be kludged:

I create a "picture" object in the header band which references a bitmap
image (like a right-pointing triangle, looks kinda like '>' but solid) at
the very left of the row.  I bring up the "Attributes..." for this object,
and for the visible attribute, I use the expression "if (IsSelected(),1,0)".
Then, I do a SelectRow () in a script whenever a (detail) row is clicked
or otherwise gets focus.  This will make the picture object visible in the
header band.

I used this in a datawindow where I had an option to show/hide the detail
band.  When the detail band was hidden, I still had a row indicator in the
header band which really made a difference in the UI.
--
Diane Diesh

Post by Devesh Saxen » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> Subject: highlight row in header group band of dw
> Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 13:46:19
> In my dw, I do not have any detail lines.  All the information is displayed
> in the header group band.  When I "double-click" a row on the header group
> band, I am able to go down another level (opening another window) and
> display the appropriate information relating to the row I just clicked.  Once
> I click the CLOSE button on the second window, I would like to highlight the
> row I clicked in the first window.  Is it possible to highlight a particular
> row on the header group band?

Dear  friend,
you can probably try this.
store the POinterY in the doubleclick event.
go to the other window (is it a response window?)
when you comeback, display a static text with appropriate colour at a location
based on pointerY. very tricky but may serve your requirement.

Jai Hind
--

Hi-Q Systems Limited,          Tel  : +44 (0)1252-815035
Hi-Q House, Ancells Court,     Fax  : +44 (0)1252-815022

Post by Bailey B » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>> In my dw, I do not have any detail lines.  All the information is displayed
>> in the header group band.  When I "double-click" a row on the header group
>> band, I am able to go down another level (opening another window) and
>> display the appropriate information relating to the row I just clicked.  Once
>> I click the CLOSE button on the second window, I would like to highlight the
>> row I clicked in the first window.  Is it possible to highlight a particular
>> row on the header group band?

>> Thanks in advance.I do not know if anyway for that. I would like to know if anyone has
>figured this one out.

>--

There is no straightforward way that I am aware of.  That said, you might
try something like this:
        Create a long thin rectangle object for each row of your header.
        Send them to the back and make them invisible.  When you click
        in the header, do a GetOBjectAtPointer().  Use a CASE statement
        to determine which header row it is in.  Once you know that, you
        can do a Modify to change the color of all the objects in that row.
        At the same time, make the background rectangle visible and set it
        to the same color as the rest of the objects on the row.  It should now
        appear the same as a 'selected row' in a normal detail band.

Like I said, not straightforward, but it should work.

HTH,
Bob

--
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| UNISYS Technology Solutions Center |The impossible ones take a little longer |
| 600 Lynnhaven Pkwy, Suite 101      |              - - -                      |

1. How do I not print the header band when I print a dw?

My problem:  I am printing a data window, but I don't
want the header band group 1 to print out.  I'm not
sure how to do that though.  I still want to be
able to see the header on the screen though.

I tired changing the height of the header to 0,
printing and changing it back, but it still printed
the headers.

Anyone know?  Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

--
 - Karen Karp -                        ,_~o         ____   _~o

 - http://haven.ios.com/~karpk          \>> |          (*)/'(*)
                                         \\,

2. FS: Remote Annex 2000 10Base2/10Base5/10BaseT (16)RJ-45 Router

3. Clicking on a heading in grid dw, highlights all its rows ?

4. *writers/seeking/publication

5. How to cleanly highlight the selected row in a display-only DW?

6. It is here: A startling new way to improve Internet Service Provider's profits.

7. Highlighting a row in dw -- again

8. how to compute average workload per hour during a week

9. Copy from DW group band

10. How do you save only the group trailer band of a DW?

11. Printing Group-style DW: how to avoid headers on every page

12. Faxline 2366 code: scroll by row in group dw

13. Highlighting single rows or one object within a row