Grid style datawindow question

Post by mo.. » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 04:59:12

Is it possible to prevent the multi-select feature of a grid style datawindow
where you hold down the mouse botton and drag thus selecting multiple
cells?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Monty

Grid style datawindow question

Post by Shelley Powe » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 11:56:36

Quote:

>Is it possible to prevent the multi-select feature of a grid style datawindow
>where you hold down the mouse botton and drag thus selecting multiple
>cells?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>Monty

Monty, you don't say which version of PB you are using.  In pb4.0
you have a right button option on the grid of MouseSelection, and
this will turn off this capability (and sounds like also causes a
few other problems).

If you are in 3.0, the following is from PB Tips:

Use dwModify to turn off the mouse/block ..., as follows;
dw_1.dwModify("DataWindow.Selected.Mouse=No").

Shelley

$0.002
The views I express are strictly my own.

Post by Thomas Frederic » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 21:28:10

>Subject: Re: Grid style datawindow question
>Date: 28 Feb 1995 02:56:36 GMT

>>Is it possible to prevent the multi-select feature of a grid style datawindow
>>where you hold down the mouse botton and drag thus selecting multiple
>>cells?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>>Monty

>Monty, you don't say which version of PB you are using.  In pb4.0
>you have a right button option on the grid of MouseSelection, and
>this will turn off this capability (and sounds like also causes a
>few other problems).
>If you are in 3.0, the following is from PB Tips:
>Use dwModify to turn off the mouse/block ..., as follows;
>dw_1.dwModify("DataWindow.Selected.Mouse=No").

A RELATED QUESTION:
        Can anyone tell me how to copy the data one selects with
the mouse in a grid datawindow to the clipboard?  I've tried the obvious
dw_1.Copy() with no luck and so far have been unable to find any other
references to it.  The function returns the error value of -1.  Any tips
would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

   - Tom Fredericks

Grid style datawindow question

Post by Stephen We » Thu, 02 Mar 1995 13:11:17

says...
Quote:

>Is it possible to prevent the multi-select feature of a grid style
datawindow
>where you hold down the mouse botton and drag thus selecting multiple
>cells?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

>Monty

Use the right mouse button popup menu on any unused area of the
datawindow.  Click grid and then uncheck the mouse selection option.
--
Stephen Webb
Visual Systems Development Corp.

Post by Mark Barbie » Thu, 02 Mar 1995 10:43:26

: Is it possible to prevent the multi-select feature of a grid style datawindow
: where you hold down the mouse botton and drag thus selecting multiple
: cells?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

: Monty

Yes.  With PB4.0, I believe it can be set in the development environment.
With 3.0 you must either use a dwModify (I believe the attribute is
mouse.selected=no) or export the datawindow, add the mouse.selected=no
and import the "fixed" datawindow.  Of course, PB will "unfix" the window
if you edit and save it.

We didn't want the performance hit of a dwModify every single time we open
a grid datawindow, so we wrote a little applet that goes through every
datawindow for an application and inserts the mouse.selected=no.  We just
run this before regenerating and building.  It directly modifies the
datawindow inside the .PBL using the PBOrca libraries.

Mark Barbieri
I know Mike Swaim - He is an agent of chaos

Grid style datawindow question

Post by Shelley Powe » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 00:50:01

Quote:>A RELATED QUESTION:
>        Can anyone tell me how to copy the data one selects with
>the mouse in a grid datawindow to the clipboard?  I've tried the obvious
>dw_1.Copy() with no luck and so far have been unable to find any other
>references to it.  The function returns the error value of -1.  Any tips
>would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

>   - Tom Fredericks

Tom, You betcha.

Use the Describe function, as follows:

STRING sSelect
sSelect=dw_1.Describe("datawindow.selected.data")

Clipboard(sSelect)

Works in 3.0a and in 4.0.

Enjoy

$0.002
The views I express are strictly my own.

Grid style datawindow question

Post by Pete Fi » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 00:57:34

Tom,
  I am using verion 4.0.    Check out these two functions

ls_selected_text = dw_1.SelectText()
Clipboard( ls_selected_text)

: says...
: >A RELATED QUESTION:
: >        Can anyone tell me how to copy the data one selects
: with
: >the mouse in a grid datawindow to the clipboard?  I've tried
: the obvious
: >dw_1.Copy() with no luck and so far have been unable to find
: any other
: >references to it.  The function returns the error value of -1.
: Any tips
: >would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
: >
: >   - Tom Fredericks

: If I reall correctly, you use dwDescribe(
: datawindow.selected.data ) to get a tab separated list of the
: data.

: --
: Ethan Smith

--