Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Post by Nik Middlet » Fri, 24 Jun 1994 18:15:53




Quote:Brian N. Popkin writes:

 BN> Dear Netters:
 BN>
 BN> Has anybody else come across this problem?  When I change the
 BN> location
 BN> of the powerbar/toolbars with my mouse it causes powerbuilder to
 BN> have a GPF (General Protection Fault) and shuts down.  I have
 BN> version
 BN> 3.0a.  I just bought it yesterday.  I am running it on a Gateway
 BN> 486/25sx,
 BN> SVGA, 8 meg of ram, windows v3.11.
I have a similar machine spec, still a Gateway but a DX and also have 8 megs
of ram.  I haven't run into this problem. We also intalled another 8 users and
no reports there either.  It's more likely a windows setup problem.  having
said that we're using msdos 6.1 if that's any differnt to you?  BN>

                        ------------------------------------

--- VIPER v2.0

 
 
 

Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Post by cis.. » Sat, 25 Jun 1994 00:30:34


Quote:>  BN> Has anybody else come across this problem?  When I change the
>  BN> location
>  BN> of the powerbar/toolbars with my mouse it causes powerbuilder to
>  BN> have a GPF (General Protection Fault) and shuts down.  I have
>  BN> version
>  BN> 3.0a.  I just bought it yesterday.  I am running it on a Gateway
>  BN> 486/25sx,
>  BN> SVGA, 8 meg of ram, windows v3.11.
> I have a similar machine spec, still a Gateway but a DX and also have 8 megs
> of ram.  I haven't run into this problem. We also intalled another 8 users
and
> no reports there either.  It's more likely a windows setup problem.  having
> said that we're using msdos 6.1 if that's any differnt to you?  BN>

It may be a problem with your video driver. PowerBuilder has a problem with
drivers running in colors > 256, resolution > 800X600. THis may be rectified
by downloading the PB3.0a08 fixes from the Compuserve PowerSoft Forum. If that
is not an alternative, then you might want to try scaling back your color depth
or resolution.

Regards
Jim Walsh
ctg

 
 
 

Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Post by Chris Kra » Sun, 26 Jun 1994 02:33:59




>Subject: Re: Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a
>Date: Thu, 23 Jun 94 15:30:34 PDT
>>  BN> Has anybody else come across this problem?  When I change the
>>  BN> location
>>  BN> of the powerbar/toolbars with my mouse it causes powerbuilder to
>>  BN> have a GPF (General Protection Fault) and shuts down.  I have
>>  BN> version
>>  BN> 3.0a.  I just bought it yesterday.  I am running it on a Gateway
>>  BN> 486/25sx,
>>  BN> SVGA, 8 meg of ram, windows v3.11.
>> I have a similar machine spec, still a Gateway but a DX and also have 8 megs
>> of ram.  I haven't run into this problem. We also intalled another 8 users
>and
>> no reports there either.  It's more likely a windows setup problem.  having
>> said that we're using msdos 6.1 if that's any differnt to you?  BN>
>It may be a problem with your video driver. PowerBuilder has a problem with
>drivers running in colors > 256, resolution > 800X600. THis may be rectified
>by downloading the PB3.0a08 fixes from the Compuserve PowerSoft Forum. If that
>is not an alternative, then you might want to try scaling back your color depth
>or resolution.
>Regards
>Jim Walsh
>ctg

I'll have to agree - dropping the colors/resolution was the trick for us.  We

-Chris Krahe, NASA Logistics Support Depot, Annapolis Junction, MD

 
 
 

Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Post by Michael Parks Swa » Mon, 27 Jun 1994 04:36:45



>I'll have to agree - dropping the colors/resolution was the trick for us.  We


  Some of our target machines run at 1600x1200. Asking them to go down to
even 800x600 is just not an option.
--
Mike "Agent of Chaos" Swaim

At first, I didn't care for DOOM. Then I discovered the joys of chasing my
boss around with a chainsaw while invisible.
 
 
 

Gpf In Powerbuilder V3.0a

Post by cis.. » Tue, 28 Jun 1994 17:57:34


>   Some of our target machines run at 1600x1200. Asking them to go down to
> even 800x600 is just not an option.
> --
> Mike "Agent of Chaos" Swaim


The PowerBuilder 3.0a08 patches may be your solution then. They can be found in
the PowerSoft Compuserve forum in the Maintenance Files Library. This should do
the trick for you. I have been running at 800X600, 65K colors with no problems
using these patches.

Hope this was a help.
Regards
Jim Walsh
ctg

 
 
 

1. GPF in PowerBuilder v3.0a

Dear Netters:

Has anybody else come across this problem?  When I change the location
of the powerbar/toolbars with my mouse it causes powerbuilder to
have a GPF (General Protection Fault) and shuts down.  I have version
3.0a.  I just bought it yesterday.  I am running it on a Gateway 486/25sx,
SVGA, 8 meg of ram, windows v3.11.

Are there updates/patches somewhere on internet?

Thank you,
Brian Popkin

---
Brian Popkin                  Intecs International, Inc.
Software Engineer             Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA  

2. Installing FP Extensions on Linux Server

3. Powerbuilder 3.0a GPF's

4. Finding the number of docs and subcats under a categorisation

5. PowerBuilder v3.0a Undo....

6. NeoScribe & Fluent Laser Fonts???

7. GPF, GPF, GPF

8. Rebate for 2004

9. HELP: GPF, GPF, GPF,...

10. Using MS Excel 4 add-ins with Excel 5.0a...

11. GPF in PB3.0a

12. HELP!!! GPF in PB3.0a