PB Collection Classes

Post by DullBo » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am looking for a set of Collection Classes for powerbuilder (
Sorted, Mixedbag, Trees, ect... ). The only classes people
seem to develop is re-usables visual components. I need some
real classes (non-visual). Unfortunatly, I don't know enough
about collections to build an efficient one.

I hear PB ver 5.0 has changed the LIMITATION on object instances of
one type from 2,729 to around 16,000. I'ts at least closer to being
a truly object oriented tool. With the new limit a developer has a
chance of solving a business problem in a real object oriented way.

If you know where I can find the classes I am looking for or have
any information about it please post to this newsgroup or e-mail me

PB Collection Classes

Post by Mike Swa » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I am looking for a set of Collection Classes for powerbuilder (
: Sorted, Mixedbag, Trees, ect... ). The only classes people
: seem to develop is re-usables visual components. I need some
: real classes (non-visual). Unfortunatly, I don't know enough
: about collections to build an efficient one.

  I believe that ObjectStart comes with such objects, or at least objects
that could be bent to your needs.

--

disclamer: I lie.

1. Collection class wrapper problem.

--------------2A9461A3CD3B470E556B754B

Reading in MS Visual Basic 5.0 Programmers Guide one finds out that it
is possible to build user defined wrapper classes around the collection
class thereby getting the possibility to override e.g. the add-method.
Using this technieque you can create a collection class that only
collects objects of a certain type. All this seems to work fine in
Visual Basic but when you try the same technique in VBA in Excel a
couple of things will not work.

To be able to make enumeration work you need to set attributes to your
procedures (Default-attribute and Procedure-ID) and this possibility
does exists in Visual Basic but not in VBA! It is not even possible to
import a class from Visual Basic to VBA that keeps the attribute
setting, the procedure attributes seems to get lost in the transfer!

Is there any way of setting these procedure attributes in VBA or
transferring classes from Visual Basic to VBA preserving the attribute
setting?

BEzt Regards

--------------2A9461A3CD3B470E556B754B

<HTML>
Reading in MS Visual Basic 5.0 Programmer&acute;s Guide one finds out that
it is possible to build user defined wrapper classes around the collection
class thereby getting the possibility to override e.g. the add-method.
Using this technieque you can create a collection class that only collects
objects of a certain type. All this seems to work fine in Visual Basic
but when you try the same technique in VBA in Excel a couple of things
will not work.

<P>To be able to make enumeration work you need to set attributes to your
procedures (Default-attribute and Procedure-ID) and this possibility does
exists in Visual Basic but <B><U><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">not</FONT></U></B>
in VBA! It is not even possible to import a class from Visual Basic to
VBA that keeps the attribute setting, the procedure attributes seems to
get lost in the transfer!

<P><U>Is there any way of setting these procedure attributes in VBA or
transferring classes from Visual Basic to VBA preserving the attribute
setting?</U><U></U>

<P>BEzt Regards</HTML>

--------------2A9461A3CD3B470E556B754B--

2. this appears to be the right NG to ask this question....PPC and BEos

3. SCL Collection Class question (v8)

4. who sells Home Automation, Inc. products!!!

5. Java/CORBA Collection Classes

6. policies not being applied after adding template to GPO

7. UML Class Diagram : C# Collections

8. CDMA DSP

9. Modeling Collection Classes

10. Legacy Class, implementation with class A in class B parameter...

11. class inherit class A _and_ class B

12. PBORC040.DLL w/PB C++ Class Builder

13. PB Class Libraries