PB: Report Templates(?)

Post by Jeffrey Elofs » Sun, 22 Jan 1995 14:07:11

We are currently involved in a PB development project in which we need to
produce approximately 100 distinct reports for our client.  The ones they
receive now are reasonbly free-style and we want to "standardize" the
look, i.e., standard headings, footings, etc., with various detail
sections.  The question I have is:  Is there any way to create
headings/footings/etc. once and be able to "inherit" them into numerous
report to avoid repeated painting of the same material.  To the best of
my knowledge datawindows are non-inheritable.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated!

PB: Report Templates(?)

Post by Malini K. Murt » Wed, 25 Jan 1995 23:53:20

Quote:>We are currently involved in a PB development project in which we need to
>produce approximately 100 distinct reports for our client.  The ones they
>receive now are reasonbly free-style and we want to "standardize" the
>look, i.e., standard headings, footings, etc., with various detail
>sections.  The question I have is:  Is there any way to create
>headings/footings/etc. once and be able to "inherit" them into numerous
>report to avoid repeated painting of the same material.  To the best of
>my knowledge datawindows are non-inheritable.

>Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated!

You can write a function to create the header and footer dynamically.
This function you can include in all your report windows. You don't need
to paint the same kind of dw again and again. The function will use
dwmodify with create command to create all the objects inside your data
window header and footer. We also had such a requirement and we are
successfully doing it.

If you have any questions, let me know.
--
        Malini Kanth ( Murthy)

1. Expense Report Template needed

Anyone have a corporate expense report template or sample that they
could share to save me a day or two of creating?  I hate to spend time
creating something that has been done about a million times before, and
probably about half a million of them are better than I could do myself
in that time!

Thanks,

    -Harry

2. tar.Z

3. Needed: Template for Software Trouble Report

4. Click-M-Click <- What does this mean?

5. : PROC REPORT, ODS, and Templates

6. 10 base2 not at 25 Ohm

7. PROC REPORT, ODS, and Templates

8. Pen Mouse

9. Proc Report / Template

10. Purchasing SAS clinical reporting template, CR Toolkit, SAS Drug Development, etc.

11. ODS, PROC Report, and Template -- Solution 2

12. Reports without templates

13. Timesheets - Report or Template