saving a datawindow to a file

Post by s.. » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am creating an index for a book.   I have retrieved the information from our
database and formatted it within a datawindow object.  I want to save the
display information to a file.  However, the file must reflect the format of
the datawindow object.  The saveas command seems to save merely the contents
of the primary buffer to the file.  I want the information being displayed on
that datawindow object (the formatting, headers, etc) to be reflected in the
file.  Is there a way to do this in Powerbuilder 4.0x ?

Post by Rob Vugt » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> I am creating an index for a book.   I have retrieved the information from our
> database and formatted it within a datawindow object.  I want to save the
> display information to a file.  However, the file must reflect the format of
> the datawindow object.  The saveas command seems to save merely the contents
> of the primary buffer to the file.  I want the information being displayed on
> that datawindow object (the formatting, headers, etc) to be reflected in the
> file.  Is there a way to do this in Powerbuilder 4.0x ?

I think it is possible to save a datawindow report as a .WMF file. This can then be
printed, but you cannot manipulate the data afterwards. Another option might be to save
it as a .PSR (powersoft report or something). This can be read into the powerbuilder
application again (or in the datawindow painter...).

Good luck!