WIN95 + ORACLE 7.1.3 & PB Enterprise 4 (Q's)

WIN95 + ORACLE 7.1.3 & PB Enterprise 4 (Q's)

Post by Geoff Brow » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

I am using Win95 preview beta and enterprise 4. I am upagainst
Oracle7 v7.0.16 and I wish to upgrade to Oracle7 v7.1.3.

Has anybody any experience of using the native\ODBC drivers against
Oracle7 v7.1.3 (in this case Netware). I have heard that the ORACLE
7.X drivers under NT are NOT :-( shipped with PB.4.0.10 ??

Comments and suggestions, wellcome.

Post by Cobus Theunisse » Sat, 20 May 1995 04:00:00

>I am using Win95 preview beta and enterprise 4. I am upagainst
>Oracle7 v7.0.16 and I wish to upgrade to Oracle7 v7.1.3.

>Has anybody any experience of using the native\ODBC drivers against
>Oracle7 v7.1.3 (in this case Netware). I have heard that the ORACLE
>7.X drivers under NT are NOT :-( shipped with PB.4.0.10 ??

>Comments and suggestions, wellcome.

I tried that just the other day!  It works fine.  The 16-bit version of our app
actually ran MUCH faster on Windows 95 than on the same PC with Windows 3.1.
The developement environment still hangs every now and then, though (actually
it is very predictable...)  As soon as the development environment works on 95,
I'm switching!  A bonus is that the resources are handled MUCH better.

Ciao
Cobus

--
======
Cobus Theunissen, Sapient Corporation, Cambridge, MA

Post by John Thei » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

>>I am using Win95 preview beta and enterprise 4. I am upagainst
>>Oracle7 v7.0.16 and I wish to upgrade to Oracle7 v7.1.3.

>>Has anybody any experience of using the native\ODBC drivers against
>>Oracle7 v7.1.3 (in this case Netware). I have heard that the ORACLE
>>7.X drivers under NT are NOT :-( shipped with PB.4.0.10 ??

>>Comments and suggestions, wellcome.

>I tried that just the other day!  It works fine.  The 16-bit version of our app
>actually ran MUCH faster on Windows 95 than on the same PC with Windows 3.1.
>The developement environment still hangs every now and then, though (actually
>it is very predictable...)  As soon as the development environment works on 95,
>I'm switching!  A bonus is that the resources are handled MUCH better.

>Ciao
>Cobus

>--
>======
>Cobus Theunissen, Sapient Corporation, Cambridge, MA

Could I please bother you for some help in this area?  I'm running W95, I have
SqlNet 1.1.7 and 2.0 workable on my machine to get to Oracle. In W3.1, my PB
3.0a.03 app runs fine with the following setup:
  SqlNet configured and connection can be established to Oracle via SqlPlus 3.1
  copy my PB exe and all PB deployment .dlls into a directory on an application
server
  run the app from an icon which is pointing to the server's directory for exe
and working dir

I've done the same for W95, but I cannot connect to Oracle.  I receive a 999
error stating "DBMS OR7 is not supported in your current installation.  Database
connect failed."

The funny thing is that this same scenario works on 2 W95 clients and I can't
figure out what is different.

I've also reinstalled PB 3.0a.03 enterprise and the developer's toolkit under
W95 and I still cannot connect to Oracle - I get the same message in the
development environment.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated,
John Theis

The above comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the views of my employer.

Post by Ray Nygr » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

>>>I am using Win95 preview beta and enterprise 4. I am upagainst
>>>Oracle7 v7.0.16 and I wish to upgrade to Oracle7 v7.1.3.

>>>Has anybody any experience of using the native\ODBC drivers against
>>>Oracle7 v7.1.3 (in this case Netware). I have heard that the ORACLE
>>>7.X drivers under NT are NOT :-( shipped with PB.4.0.10 ??

>>>Comments and suggestions, wellcome.

>>I tried that just the other day!  It works fine.  The 16-bit version of our app
>>actually ran MUCH faster on Windows 95 than on the same PC with Windows 3.1.
>>The developement environment still hangs every now and then, though (actually
>>it is very predictable...)  As soon as the development environment works on 95,
>>I'm switching!  A bonus is that the resources are handled MUCH better.

>>Ciao
>>Cobus

>>--
>>======
>>Cobus Theunissen, Sapient Corporation, Cambridge, MA

>Could I please bother you for some help in this area?  I'm running W95, I have
>SqlNet 1.1.7 and 2.0 workable on my machine to get to Oracle. In W3.1, my PB
>3.0a.03 app runs fine with the following setup:
>  SqlNet configured and connection can be established to Oracle via SqlPlus 3.1
>  copy my PB exe and all PB deployment .dlls into a directory on an application
>server
>  run the app from an icon which is pointing to the server's directory for exe
>and working dir

>I've done the same for W95, but I cannot connect to Oracle.  I receive a 999
>error stating "DBMS OR7 is not supported in your current installation.  Database
>connect failed."

>The funny thing is that this same scenario works on 2 W95 clients and I can't
>figure out what is different.

>I've also reinstalled PB 3.0a.03 enterprise and the developer's toolkit under
>W95 and I still cannot connect to Oracle - I get the same message in the
>development environment.

>Any help will be GREATLY appreciated,
>John Theis

You have either installed the NT version of PB or installed it with default database drivers

that don't include Oracle 7.x (I've done this a few times)

Thanks Ray

WIN95 + ORACLE 7.1.3 & PB Enterprise 4 (Q's)

Post by John Thei » Thu, 25 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>>Could I please bother you for some help in this area?  I'm running W95, I have
>>SqlNet 1.1.7 and 2.0 workable on my machine to get to Oracle. In W3.1, my PB
>>3.0a.03 app runs fine with the following setup:
>>  SqlNet configured and connection can be established to Oracle via SqlPlus
3.1
>>  copy my PB exe and all PB deployment .dlls into a directory on an
application
>>server
>>  run the app from an icon which is pointing to the server's directory for exe
>>and working dir

>>I've done the same for W95, but I cannot connect to Oracle.  I receive a 999
>>error stating "DBMS OR7 is not supported in your current installation.
Database
>>connect failed."

>>The funny thing is that this same scenario works on 2 W95 clients and I can't
>>figure out what is different.

>>I've also reinstalled PB 3.0a.03 enterprise and the developer's toolkit under
>>W95 and I still cannot connect to Oracle - I get the same message in the
>>development environment.

>>Any help will be GREATLY appreciated,
>>John Theis

>You have either installed the NT version of PB or installed it with default
database drivers

>that don't include Oracle 7.x (I've done this a few times)

>Thanks Ray>

I do not have the NT version of PB.  As far as "DEFAULT" database drivers...I
don't think so.  I installed the Oracle drivers from the enhanced database kit.
I have both PBOR6030.DLL and PBOR7030.DLL (also named PBORA03.DLL).  This exact
same install works on this machine when booted in DOS 6.22/Win 3.1 mode.  Any
other suggestions?

Thanx,
jwt

The above comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the views of my employer.

1. Win95 + PB Enterprise

Hi all,

can anyone explain how to get the 16 Bit (ie. not NT) version of PB
Enterprise to work on Windows 95?

I can get the Watcom DB engine up and I once actually got to enter
some SQL with the ISQL app, but I can't seem to get PB to talk to the
engine ... it moans about the ODBC drivers not being there, but the
16bit one is!

Anyone got any ideas?

Stuart

2. POINTER: Proposal to create us.issues.occupations.computer-programmers

3. Oracle says PB can't support Oracle?

4. Spyglass embedded WWW technology for embedded devices

5. Please Offer Opinions: PB Enterprise or Oracle Developer/2000

6. ** WANTED ** Apple IIe Modem

7. PB Enterprise vs. Oracle Developer/2000

8. PB against Win95 Oracle

9. Help needed on PB Enterprise 4.0 & MS SQL Server 6.0

10. pb 4.0 enterprise can't configure ODBC

11. The difference between PB desktop and PB enterprise

12. PB Desktop vs. PB Enterprise