1. executable runs, but can't run from PB
We have been experiensing some rather strange behavior from version 3.0a lately, and I was wondering whether anybody else had been through the same and could offer some advice.
PB will let me create new PBD's and a new EXE, and these will run fine. However, running the same program from within PB is impossible unless I use the debugger.
It is driving us nuts, because we have no idea what the reason might be.
The code that crashes when trying to run from within PB is in the application open script and performs a DB disconnect and connect. (We _do_ have a reason for doing this, so it isn't just a matter of deleting those two lines :-)
However, to make me even more confused, if I select the database profile before trying to run from within, everything works fine. But since this information is stored in the INI file it should not be nescessary.
I know about the bug that causes PB to screw up if you change the order of inclusion of PBLs, but I have not even added any since it used to run fine (the day before it started behaving strangely).
ANY suggestions will be very much appreciated.
(And actually it would be nice if someone would post a receipt that they read this. I tried posting yesterday too, but there were no responses, so I assume nobody saw it.)
X400 -> G=Kjetil;S=Kilhavn;OU1=oslo;O=it;P=telenor;A=telemax;C=no;
.no -> proud home of vikings, whalekillers, sealkillers, wintersports
and Julenissen, and the only Kingdom voted for by the people.
2. Disk/File access w/Oracle Forms&UNIX
3. Does callback to client need socket on client side?
4. Loading Bitmaps from a url
5. Does PB 3 or PB 4 needs MS Windows extended version to run?
6. Buttonclick funtionality of the browser backbutton?
7. executable will run, but cant run from within PB3.0a
8. Trying to use primary key values in identifying a DataRow.
9. more info executable will run, but cant run from within PB3.0a
10. PGP executable needed to run on Linux server
11. US-MN Client/Server Position Posting -PB, ORACLE, SYBASE
12. - PB Client / Oracle connection problems
13. JOB: QA Engineer (client-server, client side)