Query Mode In Exampl40

Post by Suradera Thanus » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

In pbexamfe.pbl, Application exampl40, Topic Datawindow, Example of
"Query Mode".  Why the program always shows the messagebox "DataWindow
Error: Specified criteria is invalid." if we tried to key in the words
IN OR AND or NOT.  How to solve the problem.   Thanks for your help in
advance..

Query Mode In Exampl40

Post by Bob Rege » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>In pbexamfe.pbl, Application exampl40, Topic Datawindow, Example of
>"Query Mode".  Why the program always shows the messagebox "DataWindow
>Error: Specified criteria is invalid." if we tried to key in the words
>IN OR AND or NOT.  How to solve the problem.   Thanks for your help in
>advance..

I just tried it and it seems to work fine. Remember, that ANDing criteria is
accomplished by placing criteria in more than one column. OR'ing is by placing
criteria in more than 1 row. IN and NOT appear to work as expected.
Please provide examples of the criteria you are entering.

bob

1. A QNX 2 -> QNX 4 Query: qed's "learn" mode

OK, so I couldn't face learning yet another editor and I'm still using
qed from my QNX 2 days. I've got it working pretty smoothly except for
one problem: The "learn" mode doesn't work.

Under QNX 2, Learn Mode was started using control minus and ended
using control break. Under QNX4 and qed, control break simply
terminates the editor.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Michael Miller

2. Postscript converter

3. Q: on Query mode

4. FFT in a spreadsheet ?

5. Question on Query Mode

6. Oracle query

7. Problem with query mode and override edit

8. What's the for-sale/marketplace parallel group?

9. Query mode ???????

10. How to disable multiple rows in QUERY mode?

11. query-mode, date fields and Oracle

12. PB 4.0 Clear Query mode text

13. Query mode for Shared DW