Help!!!! Cannot Connect to any databases

Help!!!! Cannot Connect to any databases

Post by bland.. » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Help !!!! Cannot Connect to any databases.
>I have just installed PowerBuilder Version 4.0.3 on my shiny new PC at home and
>do not seem to be able to connect to any of the sample databasesor to create a
>database of my own. I develop in PowerBuilder at work but had nothing to do with
>the installation there and am pretty much in the dark here, especially as far as
>W95 goes.
>The message I get when trying to connect to a database or open a datawindow is

>SQLSTATE = IM003
>[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Specified driver could not be loaded.

>Can anyone help I would be most grateful.

>--

It just your common descriptive message telling you, the driver you need to
connect to your database cannot be found.  Check your path and/or specify the
full path for the driver in ODBC.INI

Bill

Help!!!! Cannot Connect to any databases

Post by Jim Gear » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I had this same problem. If your using Win95 and have install the
Powerbuilder for NT, then this fix should help you. Now the only problem
is I don't type fast and this document is about a page long. So what
I'll do is give you the Powersoft Issue Number and you can call them to
get it faxed to you.

The Issue # is 255479

Hope this helps........

Post by pncbn » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Help !!!! Cannot Connect to any databases.
>I have just installed PowerBuilder Version 4.0.3 on my shiny new PC at
home and
>do not seem to be able to connect to any of the sample databasesor to
create a
>database of my own. I develop in PowerBuilder at work but had nothing to
do with
>the installation there and am pretty much in the dark here, especially as
far as
>W95 goes.
>The message I get when trying to connect to a database or open a
datawindow is

>SQLSTATE = IM003
>[Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Specified driver could not be loaded.

>Can anyone help I would be most grateful.

>--
>derren.demon.co.uk

check that wsql directory is in your path

1. Need help; cannot connect to database(WATCOM)

Hi Fellows,
        I have a problem in connecting to database ( this is only for some
of databases) . I get a message like the following:
SQLSTATE = 08801
[WATCOM] [ODBS DRIVER] [WATCOM SQL]
Unable to connect a database server, database engine not running.

The problem I get if transfer my database from one pc to another.
Basically I copy name.db, name.ini, name.log files , then in database
painter I go config odbc enter my database name and then create it.
This procedure for the first time but second time I got the above message.
may be somebody can help me.
        Thanks

2. usb filter driver question ..

3. HELP! Cannot connect to database (WATCOM)

4. Removeable Hard Drives under OS/2

5. Cannot connect to Database

6. Help with controlling the RETURN key OWL2.0

7. [ODBC DLL] Cannot Connect to Database

8. free techinical suppport

9. cannot connect to database

10. help cannot connect

11. HELP! Cannot connect behind - NetCache Proxy Server

12. Help: Cannot connect to Data Entry Server