DOS Boxes

Post by Dan McCuai » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

You could always use the file writing routines, and create
a batch file from scratch.  Then just execute this batch
file.  This only applies if everything the DOS program
needs is availabe via file io redirection "<"

DOS Boxes

Post by fli » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to emulate a VB program which uses a DOS box to connect to
a Mainframe. I need to Paste some text into the DOS box but there are
two functions which I cannot find any equivalent  for in PB 4.0, these
are SendKeys and AppActivate. Any answers appreciated.

1. 123r3 memory from a DOS box... HELP!

Greetings!
I'm having lots of probs with Lotus 123 ver 3.1 in a DOS box from
Windows.

The program runs fine, but only ever has 740kb of memory available
when run from Windows. If I run the program from DOS, then 8 meg
of memory is available.

Things I have tried so far:
Using QEMM instead of Himem and EMM386, I get 8 meg of EMS free
listed under DOS.

With the same configuration under Windows, using a PIF file with
the mem required settings at 4096 and min required at -1.

Have set the SYSTEM.INI [386Enh] parameter EMMSize=4096

Basically, there appears to be no real difference between the
configurations of true DOS and Windows DOS, both report the same
amounts of the same types of memory, but 123 only finds the memory
when under true DOS.

Is there something in Lotus 123 that I'm missing?

   H  E  L  P !

Cheers,

John Douglas,
Paribas Capital Markets
Tokyo.

Seen in a .sig from Germany:
  MS-DOS is the worst text based adventure game I have ever played...

2. non-virtual destructors

3. Win95 functions from DOS-box?

4. 5000 versus 2926

5. Long file name inside w95 dos box , it's possible ?

6. Emailing Form Results as HTML???

7. PKZ 2.04g, Win DOS Box, Lose Net, SOLVED

8. buyer beware

9. Silk wants to close the DOS box runing Java

10. Create a PDF with a DOS box

11. Yap hangs until I close the dos box

12. Update: minix in an OS/2 dos-box

13. OS/2 dos box?