Change dw row 'style'

Post by Ahmad Ghoshe » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

You need to use the Evaluate function that works with Modify() and
Describe(). This function can change the attribute of a column by column
bases if a specific condition occures. A common use of this function is to
change the color of a column if the value is negative or somthing like that.
PB examples have a sample were such a thing is used.  The only catch in your
case is that you have to use eveluate to evaluate the column value to True or
False to be able to chage the Attribute.

--
Ahmad Ghosheh
PowerDesign

Change dw row 'style'

Post by EPutkon » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Is there any way that the display 'style' of a single row of a datawindow
can be changed during execution...

For example, when all rows of a datawindow are first displayed they may be
display-only - displayed as 3-D Raised. When a single row is
double-clicked, it is editable - I would like to be able to change that
single row to 3-D lowered.

I can change the style for an entire datawindow, and I can change it for a
column - but have no clue how to do so for a dw row.

Change dw row 'style'

Post by Devesh Saxen » Tue, 28 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> Subject: Change dw row 'style'
> Date: 22 Nov 1995 10:21:52 -0500
> Is there any way that the display 'style' of a single row of a datawindow
> can be changed during execution...

> For example, when all rows of a datawindow are first displayed they may be
> display-only - displayed as 3-D Raised. When a single row is
> double-clicked, it is editable - I would like to be able to change that
> single row to 3-D lowered.

> I can change the style for an entire datawindow, and I can change it for a
> column - but have no clue how to do so for a dw row.

Dear EPutkonen,
 Add a column to the datawindow. Set this column to 1 for the row getting focus
and 0 for all other rows.
Go to datawindow painter. for all columns, click right mouse button, click on
border and enter if(new_column = 0, 1, 2). values 1 and 2 i have used just as
example. i do not know what should be these values. look up the manuals or help
or experiment.
Best of Luck.

Jai Hind
--

Hi-Q Systems Limited,          Tel  : +44 (0)1252-815035
Hi-Q House, Ancells Court,     Fax  : +44 (0)1252-815022

1. Field datatype change - how to change DW's?

I've had to modify a few fields in a Watcom table.  The table
feeds a query (which I've already changed and saved, no
problem).  Now I have a bunch of dw's feeding of this query,
and they refuse to acknowledge the new data types for the
changed fields.
I've gone into Data Source (the query shows up OK, the DW does
not seem to notice a difference).
I've regened the dw's (no go).

What else can I do with these blasted dw's to make them change
column data type???

Thanks!

Jan

2. Problem: VT100 "print through"

3. dw.Modify("dw_name.Criteria = 'column_name = 'string''")

4. Request for comments/opinions on FPGA programming

5. How do I edit a dw row before it's committed?

6. Unclear on mailboxes

7. dw error message 'column lists don't match'

8. Sprint Stupidity

10. Aircraft style 'black box' for software?

11. USB Gamepad with older games and an 'Old Style' Midi Port Game Pad???

12. Proc Gplot question - 2 'href's in different styles ??

13. Which style the sas use when using 'device=java' options