ODBC connection to MS Access 2.0 from PB 4.0 (NT)

ODBC connection to MS Access 2.0 from PB 4.0 (NT)

Post by John Ferlatt » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

        How do I connect to a Microsoft Access 2.0 database using
PowerBuilder 4.0 for NT?  I can not create a data source because the only
database types I find when configuring ODBC are WATCOM & SQL Server.

Darryl McCarthy

Post by Ed Ch » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Hi,
>    How do I connect to a Microsoft Access 2.0 database using
>PowerBuilder 4.0 for NT?  I can not create a data source because the only
>database types I find when configuring ODBC are WATCOM & SQL Server.
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
>Darryl McCarthy

You need the version 2.0 ODBC drivers to communicate with Access 2.0.
These drivers are available from Microsoft... as I recall, they were
pretty cheap to acquire.  Microsoft had to charge for these drivers
because they include a portion of the JET engine....

HTH