Req: Transfer of data from External dw to Main dw.

Req: Transfer of data from External dw to Main dw.

Post by Andrew Star » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for any information about how to
get data from an External DataWindow in my Main
DataWindow.

Please respond with e-mail to

Thanks in advance,

Cosimo

1. Drop Down (child DW) and external DW

I am using a dropdown datawindow with in a datawindow. I have
following code in the window. The dropdown datawindow takes
one argument as parameter.

long ll_type
DataWindowChild dwc_child

// retrieve the dropdown datawindow
dw_base.GetChild ( "type", dwc_child )
dwc_child.SetTransObject ( SQLCA )
dwc_child.Retrieve ( ll_type )

insertrow(dw_base, 0)

I use the same dropdown datawindow at many places only in some
cases this pops up a window prompting for retrieval arguments.
Why does it act differrently in each case? I verified that all
my column names match as well as the arguments also match

Thanks for any info
Rakesh

2. Setting Drop Down Options

3. dw.SetRedraw(false) and then dw.Print() messes up the print out.

4. More Sneaky MCI Marketing

5. dw preview vs dw.retrieve

6. Serial IO performance

7. 1 dw.print() and 1 dw.saveas() question

8. Bubble Bobble remix

9. Passing structure from DW to DW

10. HELP! dw.Modify(dw.QueryMode=yes) not working!

11. Writing to an external DW

12. Dynamic Datawindows - Adding columns to External DW PB4.0

13. DIRECT CLIENT REQ --- Sr. Business Analyst with BI-DW --- 6 months plus --- Windsor Locks, CT