PB403: Composite DW probs.

Post by Joe McNama » Sun, 14 Jan 1996 04:00:00

   Pull'in my hair out about Composite DW reports.  I have a composite report
with about a dozen smalled DW reports and I need to access the inner
Datawindows.   For instance I want to check (via SQL in a PB script) if
any records exists in an inner DW report so I can make the report DW
invisible.  Also in another inner DW report I need to translate some data
with is not (and cannot be) normalized.

   My composite report is dw_watson.

   An inner report is dw_wat_summary with an object name of 'watson_summary'

 I've tried both the following:

   if dw_watson.dw_wat_summary.RowCount() ....

and

   if dw_watson.watson_summary.RowCount() ....

Neither work.  In both cases I get a 'Incompatible field "watson_summary" for
type dw_watson' and 'Incompatible field "dw_wat_summary" for type dw_watson'.

 Help!  I absolutely need to access the inner datawindows from PB script.

   Much Thanks in Advance,

           Joe M.

--

PB403: Composite DW probs.

Post by Bill Lewi » Tue, 16 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Try treating the 'inside' datawindows as though they are a child dw.
Once you use GetChild() to establish a reference to the datawindow, many
of the datawindow functions will work using that reference.

PB403: Composite DW probs.

Post by Allen Hadde » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>   Pull'in my hair out about Composite DW reports.  I have a composite report
>with about a dozen smalled DW reports and I need to access the inner
>Datawindows.   For instance I want to check (via SQL in a PB script) if
>any records exists in an inner DW report so I can make the report DW
>invisible.  Also in another inner DW report I need to translate some data
>with is not (and cannot be) normalized.

>   My composite report is dw_watson.

>   An inner report is dw_wat_summary with an object name of 'watson_summary'

DATAWINDOWCHILD ldwc_watson

IF dw_watson.GetChild( "watson_summary", ldwc_watson ) = -1 THEN

   // Error

ELSE
   ll_summaryCount = ldwc_watson.RowCount()
END IF

This should work.  Sorry if I misunderstood the naming of the objects
being used :-)

Allen

Allen Hadden
Systems Engineer
Taratec Development Corporation

1. PB403: Composite DW/Child Prob

    Does anyone know how to access a report DW that had a parent and a
grandparent who are composite DW reports?

   dw_watson::
       dw_preferences::
            dw_joblocation::

  I can get the a reference to dw_preferences via dw_watson.getchild but
cannot access the DW inside the preferences composite report.  Any
suggestions?

     Thank you in advance,

         Joe M.

--

2. Three-homed configuration trouble

3. PB403: Report DW problem

4. Connection Pooling

5. PB403: SetItem() space prob?

6. real PacBell ADSL bill

7. Composite DW Print

8. Wmiexe.exe Question

9. DW's overlap in composite report

10. Composite dw printing problem

11. Possible to remove blue border on composite DW?

12. nested / composite dw from hell -- why does it take so long??????