Problem with Pasting External Function file?

Problem with Pasting External Function file?

Post by Peter J Brechu » Sun, 04 Feb 1996 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:

>I am having major problems trying to paste a file of external function
>definitions into PB.  Am using PB Enterprise 4.0.3 on NT 3.51.  Have a
>file of function prototypes created with Notepad (xx.PBF).

>After selecting the Application or Window painter and then selecting
>Declare I choose External Global Functions and then attempt to use the
>"Paste.." function using the xx.PBF file.

>Once in a blue moon it works.  Most of the time it displays a couple
of
>graphic characters or nothing.  Sometimes it displays pieces of a
Powerscript
>event script from my application.

>I've got enough common external global functions that I don't want to
type
>their declarations in manually for every new PB application.

>I'd appreciate any thoughts or workaround.

Have you thought about creating a shell application object that already
has all these defined, and then just copying it when you start a new
application ?
--
*===================================================================*
|     I'll not listen to reason. . . . Reason always means what     |

Post by Mike Swa » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Once in a blue moon it works.  Most of the time it displays a couple of
: graphic characters or nothing.  Sometimes it displays pieces of a Powerscript
: event script from my application.
  That's very odd. I have no problems copying and pasting using shortcut
keys (ctrl & shift insert)

: I've got enough common external global functions that I don't want to type
: their declarations in manually for every new PB application.
: I'd appreciate any thoughts or workaround.

  Store them in a nonvisual user object. that's declared globally. You
can reference them like any other function declared in the object.

--

disclamer: I lie.