Win95 + PB Enterprise

Post by Stuart Ming » Mon, 05 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

can anyone explain how to get the 16 Bit (ie. not NT) version of PB
Enterprise to work on Windows 95?

I can get the Watcom DB engine up and I once actually got to enter
some SQL with the ISQL app, but I can't seem to get PB to talk to the
engine ... it moans about the ODBC drivers not being there, but the
16bit one is!

Anyone got any ideas?

Stuart

Win95 + PB Enterprise

Post by Mike Swa » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Hi all,

: can anyone explain how to get the 16 Bit (ie. not NT) version of PB
: Enterprise to work on Windows 95?

: I can get the Watcom DB engine up and I once actually got to enter
: some SQL with the ISQL app, but I can't seem to get PB to talk to the
: engine ... it moans about the ODBC drivers not being there, but the
: 16bit one is!

  Is the watcom directory on your path (c:\wsql40\win in most cases)?

--

disclamer: I lie.

Win95 + PB Enterprise

Post by Jim Wal » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

What version of Powerbuilder? 3.0 , 4.0 , 5.0?

I have run the 16 bit version of all of these under Win95 with no
problem or special setup required.

As for "...it moans about the ODBC drivers...", this is not specific
enough an error message for me to help diagnose your problem.

Jim Wales

Quote:

>Hi all,

>can anyone explain how to get the 16 Bit (ie. not NT) version of PB
>Enterprise to work on Windows 95?

>I can get the Watcom DB engine up and I once actually got to enter
>some SQL with the ISQL app, but I can't seem to get PB to talk to the
>engine ... it moans about the ODBC drivers not being there, but the
>16bit one is!

>Anyone got any ideas?

>Stuart

1. WIN95 + ORACLE 7.1.3 & PB Enterprise 4 (Q's)

I am using Win95 preview beta and enterprise 4. I am upagainst
Oracle7 v7.0.16 and I wish to upgrade to Oracle7 v7.1.3.

Has anybody any experience of using the native\ODBC drivers against
Oracle7 v7.1.3 (in this case Netware). I have heard that the ORACLE
7.X drivers under NT are NOT :-( shipped with PB.4.0.10 ??

Comments and suggestions, wellcome.

2. wierd log messages 1.2.26

3. The difference between PB desktop and PB enterprise

4. E250 Hardware Raid Controller

5. PB Desktop vs. PB Enterprise

6. Help! Routing from a 2511 through a 2501

7. PB DeskTop to PB Enterprise?

8. Diamond Stealth 64 Trio 64V+

9. PB Enterprise and ORCA

10. Please Offer Opinions: PB Enterprise or Oracle Developer/2000

11. PB Enterprise vs. Oracle Developer/2000

12. PB Enterprise for Mac