Sharing MDI Windows between PB and non-PB apps.

Sharing MDI Windows between PB and non-PB apps.

Post by Steven M. Fi » Fri, 23 Sep 1994 23:30:33

We are developing a c++ app that will be executed from a Powerbuilder
MDI app.  Our app will also be a MDI app.  Within the PB MDI, it of
course keeps track of the open windows in the PB MDI Frame.  Within
our MDI it will also keep track of the windows in our MDI frame.  My
question is this - Is there a way to find out what the open windows
are in the PB app from a c++ app, and if so, is there a way to give
control back to a PB app and tell it to go to an arbitrary entry point.
I honestly don't think it can be done (in a reasonable time frame), but
will gladly be corrected by a PB guru.

Thanks -
Steven

*
*  "I hope when I die, I die quietly in my sleep like my
*   grandfather did, not yelling and screaming like the other
*   people in his car."
*

Sharing MDI Windows between PB and non-PB apps.

Post by Petrocel » Tue, 27 Sep 1994 22:00:01

Quote:Fink) writes:

In terms of keeping track of open windows you can always use the Windows
handle. If you pass this through to PowerHelp it will be able to track the
window using this.

1. Does PB 3 or PB 4 needs MS Windows extended version to run?

Hi everybody
        I have a simple question. Do we need to have MS Windows 3.1
extended version running in order to run Power Builder? The reason I ask
is because some Sun workstations can run mswindows but not in extended
mode. So can i run PB on these Sun 386i stations having DOS and ms
windows emulator software.
                Thank You
                 Amritendu Maji.
* Amritendu Maji                * Life's like that, just take it easy *
* Dept. of Civil Engineering    * and make a constitutive model out of*
* University of Arizona         * it.                                 *

2. Client Access incompatible DLL

3. PB app check MS network connection from NT to NT - is share connected and valid

4. Sir Clive answers!

5. Killing another application running in Windows from a PB App

6. New Doom stuff

7. Killing another windows application from with a PB app

8. Printing slows all other programs.

9. Launching Windows App from PB

10. Saving window layout when exiting PB app

11. Starting other Windows apps from PB

12. Closing a PB app. from another PN app.

13. Adding window names to the Window menu for a MDI app?