PB403: HTML Display?

Post by Joe McNama » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

  No, I need a PB only solution.  I do not want to make having Netscape a
dependecy.  Thanks Anyway.

:   Does anyone know of a PB library of VBX control that can display HTML
: documents from within PB?  It should include support for HTML tables
: (Netscape 2.0 compatible if possible).
:
:     Thanx in Advance,
:
:           Joe M.

: --
--

PB403: HTML Display?

Post by Ian Willia » Thu, 18 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>  Does anyone know of a PB library of VBX control that can display HTML
>documents from within PB?  It should include support for HTML tables
>(Netscape 2.0 compatible if possible).

Netscape supports OLE, so just create an OLE control in PB and link it
to Netscape.

Post by Tom Hans » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>:   Does anyone know of a PB library of VBX control that can display HTML
>: documents from within PB?  It should include support for HTML tables
>: (Netscape 2.0 compatible if possible).
>I need a PB only solution.  I do not want to make having Netscape a
>dependecy.  Thanks Anyway.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I really don't think you are going to
have any luck.  I really think your best bet is to go with the OLE
link to Netscape.  I've never heard of any VBX-type controls that
allow that level of functionality of HTML.

There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, however.  Microsoft is
starting to do some work with VB, OCX's and Web access, AND PB 5.0 is
supposed to handle OCX's.

So, maybe in a year or so, you'll be Netscape-free.  Until then, I
don't know what to tell you...

---
Tom Hansen

http://www.execpc.com/~tomh

1. Display HTML- document from Excel macro

Does anyone know how from my Excel5 macro can dispalya given HTML
document to the user? I dont know whether he uses Netscape, Internet
Explorer, or any other browser.
The only thing I do know is the name of my html- file, that I want to
display.

Jan

2. ATTENTION: OS/2 NEW USER INTRODUCTION

3. Displaying compressed HTML

4. ''My Documents'' and Samba

5. Linking PDF's to display in HTML

6. Questins About Charts Susan Forgot To Ask!

7. display pdf in a frame of a html-page

8. Display unix html on WIN_PRO....

9. Display a calendar in a html form

10. displaying vimrc as html

11. .GIF files in HTML page won't display.

12. HTML Help won't display