WATCOM - fun fun fun

Post by Stev » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I'm really batteling with WATCOM away from development.

Two problems:
   When I run my EXE there are no errors that I can detect, the connect to the
   db works fine but when I open a datawindow it doesn't retrieve any info
   when I know that it's there.

   The second problem/ query is how do I use the WATCOM programs to backup the
   db & log? Can I run them from my application - if so how else how else?

Frustration is going to kill me!
---------------

Business Science Information Hounours
Department of Information Systems - UCT

WATCOM - fun fun fun

Post by jzj.. » Sun, 30 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Can I suggest that you look in the Watcom www pages, they have there faxback
on line, that will answer that question.
Sorry I dont know it now, but beleive me theres tons of stuff there.

Quote:>Two problems:
>   When I run my EXE there are no errors that I can detect, the connect to
the
>   The second problem/ query is how do I use the WATCOM programs to backup
the
>   db & log? Can I run them from my application - if so how else how else?

WATCOM - fun fun fun

Post by jzj.. » Sun, 30 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm really batteling with WATCOM away from development.

>Two problems:
>   When I run my EXE there are no errors that I can detect, the connect to
the
>   db works fine but when I open a datawindow it doesn't retrieve any info
>   when I know that it's there.

>   The second problem/ query is how do I use the WATCOM programs to backup
the
>   db & log? Can I run them from my application - if so how else how else?

Note: The following Watcom utilities must be executed in Windows, using the
RUN command
either in Program Manager or File Manager.

1. Back up the database file using the DBBACKW utility.

        DBBACKW [flags] directory

     where [flags] are one or more of the following:

-c "keyword=value;..."          Supply database connection parameters
-d                              Only backup main database file
-q                              Quiet mode -- do not print messages
-r                              Rename and restart transaction log
-s "cmd"                        Specify command line to start database
-t                              Only back up transaction log
-w                              Only back up write file
-x                              Delete and restart transaction log
-y                              Create directory/replace files without
confirmation

For example:

        DBBACKW -C "UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;DBF=C:\WSQL40\SAMPLE.DB" C:\WSQL40\BACKUP

This creates a backup of the sample database (SAMPLE.DB) file and the
corresponding transaction log
(SAMPLE.LOG). The database file should be backed up on a regular basis, and a
full backup should be
completed before running utilities that work with the database file directly.

>Frustration is going to kill me!
>---------------

>Business Science Information Hounours
>Department of Information Systems - UCT

1. SAP PM (Fun) Consultant & SAP PS (Fun) Consutlant - Waltham, MA - shiv@terminalcontacts.com

Hi,

*SAP PM Functional Consultant *

Location : Waltham,MA
Duration : 6 Months
Start Date : ASAP

Job Description:

SAP PM consultant with following expertise / experience.
Understanding of Business process in Plant Maintenance
Configuration for Master Data of technical objects, Maintenance order
planning, Maintenance order Processing.
o Structuring & Managing Technical objects: Function location, Equipment,
Serial numbers, Measuring Point Counters, etc.
o Break down maintenance, Corrective maintenance, Project oriented
Maintenance.
o Preventive Maintenance & Services: Managing Task List, Single cycle
Maintenance planning, Maintenance planning with Strategy: Time& Performance
Based, Maintenance planning with cycle of different dimensions and
Condition Based Maintenance
o Maintenance Processing: Operational functions, Notification, Order &
Planning, Scheduling, Capacity Planning, and Completion Maintenance
Processing: Control Function: Cost flow in Maintenance Process, Settlement
of Orders, and Budgeting & Cost planning.
Testing by creation of master data, maintenance planning, breakdown &
preventive maintenance orders.
Integrating SAP PM with QM, MM, and FI/CO modules.
SAP data migration from legacy to SAP system using Legacy System
Migration Workbench (LSMW).
Prepare Functional design document based on business requirements for SAP
Interfaces, Forms, Enhancements and Reports.
Coordinate between Onshore and Offshore delivery teams for development &
testing..

*SAP PS Functional Consultant*

Location: Waltham, MA

Duration: 6 Months+

Job Description:

5-8 years of SAP projects experience in Project systems and FICO.
Exposure to Plant maintenance - need not be expert
Must have worked for utility client earlier
Knowledge about FERC
Sound knowledge and exposure to utility business processes related to
Project system, Plant Maintenance and Asset Management.
Demonstrated experience in RICEFW objects
Previous experience of working with Power Plan - SAP integration for
utility.
Experience in Integration Testing and HPQC system.

Best Regards

Shiv Vuddagiri
Terminal Contacts LLC. | Work: (813) 600-3539| Fax: (813) 354-2419 |

2. Domain users login Oracle 9i error on Windows 2000 Advanced Server...

3. Primax, Twunk and other fun stuff

4. Charge for upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0?

5. Fun with a flatbed scanner

6. I need INDUSTRIA font