Tab order of objects in UO opened in a Window

Tab order of objects in UO opened in a Window

Post by Audrey Sh » Tue, 06 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi, I've got a window, w_window and a user object called uo_userobject.
uo_userobject contains objects (datawindows, control buttons).
w_window uses the command OpenUserObject to open uo_userobject.
The problem is the tab doesn't work (nothing happens when I hit the Tab key),
but when I use the userobject control icon to open uo_userobject and place the
userobject explicitly in the window, the tab works.
Why is this and how do I 'activate' the tab when I use the OpenUserObject command?
I need to be able to open and close user objects dynamically in w_window.

Help!

ps. The only workaround solution I can think of at the moment is to have the Key event
of w_window to trap the tab key and explicitly SetFocus to the objects in uo_userobject.

Tab order of objects in UO opened in a Window

Post by msm.. » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi, I've got a window, w_window and a user object called uo_userobject.
>uo_userobject contains objects (datawindows, control buttons).
>w_window uses the command OpenUserObject to open uo_userobject.
>The problem is the tab doesn't work (nothing happens when I hit the Tab key),
>but when I use the userobject control icon to open uo_userobject and place the
>userobject explicitly in the window, the tab works.

Just set the taborder of teh opened user object to a value above
that of the highest tab order in the window. This will also fix any
errant tabbing between datawindows within the useronbject

Hope this helps
Martin P. Smith

1. Opening and closing UO's from UO's

I have a User Object (uo_custom) in my application that from which I open other user
objects(datawindow).  In the constructor event of uo_custom I set an instance
variable (iw_myParent) of type window equal to the parent window :
iw_myParent = parent.  There is also an instance variable inuo_custom,
iou_activeView of type u_d_base that keeps the current open uo_datawindow

On the uo_custom I have a row of command buttons that open the dataWindow
User Objects. All ofthese datawindows have a common ancestor (u_d_base is a
datawindow User Object). . The scriptthat I am using to open these objects is
as follows:

 u_d_base_pattern_codes    dw_pattern_codes

 iw_myparent.OpenUserObject(dw_pattern_codes, parent.x, parent.y + 109)

 iuo_activeview = dw_pattern_codes

The User Objects open and display just fine, the problem that I am having is
that every time I try toclose the active datawindow (iuo_actvieView) I get a
GPF.  Is this a PowerBuilder bug or is theresomething that I am doing wrong?
The script that I am using to close the user object is as follows

 iw_myparent.closeUserObject(iuo_activeView)

I have stepped through the scripts with the debugger and the instance vars
(iw_myParent andiuo_activeView) seem to be getting set properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I could probably do the same thing by
placing a child windowon my window and using that to open my uo_datawindows,
however I hate to throw away the stuff Ihave already done. Especially since
this should work, shouldn't it?  :-)

                       _/    _/ _/    _/  _/_/_/
Gary Udstrand         _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/  AT&T: (612) 945-6523
Advanced Technology  _/    _/ _/_/_/_/ _/         Fax:  (612) 945-6502

                   _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/

"The truly great things happen when a genius is alone. This is true
 especially among golfers."
                                             -J. R. Coulson

2. Immediate REQ : Unix - AIX Admin in Segundo, CA.

3. Quattro Pro for Windows templates/add-ins?

4. Seeking mSQL resources

5. MSN or Windows Messenger Add-ins Programming

6. Stylesheet to test if value is integer

7. windows messenger add-ins ... help!!!!

8. Turning Windows apps into browser pug-ins

9. Tab Order in a window (not a data window)

10. Dynamic user object tab order

11. How to set tab order for data window

12. Scanning plug-ins