Novice LAN question

Post by yank.. » Fri, 29 Jul 1994 22:43:28

Novice question - Can one Enterprise version be installed on a LAN so
that multiple developers can use it to code?  Is this the version control
check in/check out that I read about in the brochures?

Novice LAN question

Post by Joseph Bian » Tue, 02 Aug 1994 23:31:00

-> Novice question - Can one Enterprise version be installed on a LAN so
-> that multiple developers can use it to code?  Is this the version
-> control check in/check out that I read about in the brochures?

Yes to your first question, even though checking in & out objects within
your pb application doesn't constatute version control. You'll need PVCS
to do group programming with full version control. If your just looking
to work together without steping on one another code w/o version
control, PB's check out facility is fine.

Novice LAN question

Post by Barry Lightbody, I » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 15:04:22

Quote:> -> Novice question - Can one Enterprise version be installed on a LAN so
> -> that multiple developers can use it to code?  Is this the version
> -> control check in/check out that I read about in the brochures?

> Yes to your first question, even though checking in & out objects within
> your pb application doesn't constatute version control. You'll need PVCS
> to do group programming with full version control. If your just looking
> to work together without steping on one another code w/o version
> control, PB's check out facility is fine.

I played with PB and PVCS extensively and failed to get it to work. PVCS seems to
be ok but power builder continually seems to lose the plot.

Has any one successfully got these two products to work together over extended
periods with multiple users.

With Thanks
barryl

1. Novice Lan Question

 T?>
 T?> Yes, we have several developers sharing 3 Powerbuilder licenses on
 T?> 1
 T?> Novell server. The only problem I have noticed that when you fire
 T?> up
 T?> Powerbuilder it is set to the last application that was being
 T?> worked on.
 T?>
 T?>  # Origin: America Online, Inc. (1-800-827-6364)
Try creating a local copy pb.ini

                        ------------------------------------

--- VIPER v2.0

2. Cannot read HP7100i Burns

3. FS: A4000,Toaster,Emplant,1.2 Gig Hd

4. Novice Editor (Re: Novice email??)

5. FreeNetAccessWorldwide

6. Log-Log CD plot question (novice question)

7. SimCity 2000 on CyberGraphx?

8. WTD[Perth] PCMCIA Lan Card or lan/modem combo

9. VueScan Novice Question

10. A novice question

11. Novice question about software of UMAX 1220P

12. Novice Questions and Advice