READING FIE WITH EOF

Post by P}l Ting » Wed, 06 Apr 1994 06:31:42

Subject: Reading a file with EOF

Is there any way to read a text file which has a lot of EOF-characters
in it?

I've tried reading it into a blob using FileSeek(), but it won't read
anything after an EOF-char. Actually the character has ASCII value
zero, I'm not sure if this is an EOF-character.

Any ideas?

--- a *cowboy serf
---

READING FIE WITH EOF

Post by J Dudley King I » Sat, 09 Apr 1994 12:22:02

: Is there any way to read a text file which has a lot of EOF-characters
: in it?

: I've tried reading it into a blob using FileSeek(), but it won't read
: anything after an EOF-char. Actually the character has ASCII value
: zero, I'm not sure if this is an EOF-character.

: Any ideas?

: --- a *cowboy serf
: ---

:

I've got a little .EXE that reads a file and writes it back out again
converting the chr(0) to chr(32).  You could use the run() function to
shell out to DOS to convert the file then continue with your PowerBuilder
script.  I'll put it somewhere public and let you know.

Dudley.

READING FIE WITH EOF

Post by P}l Ting » Sun, 10 Apr 1994 05:54:30

JD>I've got a little .EXE that reads a file and writes it back out again
  >converting the chr(0) to chr(32).  You could use the run() function to
  >shell out to DOS to convert the file then continue with your PowerBuilder
  >script.  I'll put it somewhere public and let you know.

Thanks a lot, that would be great. I haven't gotten any other
solutions yet.

--- a *cowboy serf
---