Run("NicePic.JPG") doesn't work in PB?

Post by Dave Heissne » Sat, 03 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to use the Run() function in PB and it won't work
with files that are not .exe, .com etc.. I am trying to start
apps based on what program is associated with the file type.

For instance if there is a JPG file I should be able to call
Run("file.JPG") and Windows will open whatever app I have
associated with JPG's?  Any ideas on how to make this hapen
in PB would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Note: VB's function works the proper way so maybe I'll have to
just call the win API through PB?

Dave Heissner     http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~daveh

Post by Mike Swa » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: I am trying to use the Run() function in PB and it won't work
: with files that are not .exe, .com etc.. I am trying to start
: apps based on what program is associated with the file type.

: For instance if there is a JPG file I should be able to call
: Run("file.JPG") and Windows will open whatever app I have
: associated with JPG's?  Any ideas on how to make this hapen
: in PB would be appreciated.

  Try the Windows ShellExecute() function.

--

disclamer: I lie.

1. VI: Positioning the cursor ("|") from within a macro doesn't work.

I am trying to position the cursor on a specific column using a :map macro.
When I enter the command string interactively everything works fine. When I
define it as a :map macro however, the position command is not executed and
the macro execution stops there at the "|". I also tried "\|" but that didn't
help either. What can I do?
I know I could just say "077l" to go to column 77 but that only works when
there are no tabs in that line.

What I really want application-wise is this: Since I have to write
documentation in vi, and I edit passages sometimes, I want to have a command
string that gives me 'full lines' again in a paragraph. Thus I need a command
string that appends the next line to the current ("J") then goes to the right
margin, goes to the beginning of the word there and splits the line at that
point. When you have

    :map ^W J77|bi^M^[

^W would fill up the current line and go to the next.

Any ideas? Thanks

-- Jurgen

Jurgen Heymann                     CACI Products

                                   La Jolla, CA 92037

2. WTB: TGA/CGA Monitor for 1000SL

3. acroread's "find" doesn't work

4. Checking Line Speeds??

5. dw.Modify("dw_name.Criteria = 'column_name = 'string''")

6. mac os x

7. How to calculate Work into "Work in 2003", "Work in 2004", etc.

8. vxworks device, tcp port 513 open

11. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

12. Hotmail "Help" Button Doesn't Work

13. CDROM shows only "Audio" or doesn't work at all