Help with going through database

Post by Greg McLea » Mon, 06 Feb 1995 12:28:15

        I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I'm trying to find a
way to be able to allow a user to run through a database visually, ie.
like in the DataWindow modifier - there is "retrieve", "update", ... and
then a arrow to go to the top record, next, previous, and last.  Each
time the arrows are clicked the database is advanced, moved back,the
display changes with the new row being selected.  I found the commands,
SelectNext, SelectPrior, SelectRow (?) but everytime I call them, the
datawindow on my window is cleared and I can't see the new record. Even
if I move back to the first record, it won't display it.  Do I have to
follow this sort of script: ?

---event, clicked on cb_top---
SelectRow (1)           // this is all I have now... Is broke! :)
// some sort of display function (?)

Thanks for any help...

Post by Mike Swa » Tue, 07 Feb 1995 16:06:57

:  I found the commands,
: SelectNext, SelectPrior, SelectRow (?) but everytime I call them, the
: datawindow on my window is cleared and I can't see the new record. Even
: if I move back to the first record, it won't display it.  Do I have to
: follow this sort of script: ?

  It sounds like you're turning redraw off, and never turning it on again.