What do I need to manage WAN (NT/NetWare) ??

What do I need to manage WAN (NT/NetWare) ??

Post by Marc Kürte » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi out there

We have a 50 PC's (Win95) network here in Munich/Germany. We are going
to have a 10 PC's network in United States as well as in Asia
(somewhere).
Our Server's are NT 4.0 and NetWare 3.12. I'm already thinking about
getting rid of Novell ..

Networktechnology itself is HP 100-Base VG and 10 Base-2 Ethernet here
in Munich and will be Fast-Ethernet or Gigabit-Ethernet in our two other
offices.

Wide Area Link may be Frame-Relay or ATM !?

What do I need to be able to manage PC's, Server's, Hub's and Routers
from my Office here in Munich ??

Please help me

Marc

is-manager

1. Watcom for Netware/Powerbuilder over WAN

I'm currently developing an application in Powerbuilder that will be used by
hundreds of users over a statewide network.  We are considering using Watcom
for Netware as the backend using IPX.  Has anyone had experience using Watcom
for Netware across a WAN with a high volume of connections.  I expect the
actual transaction load to be moderate.  Any information on performance issues
and/or technical problems we might encounter would be greatly appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve Landis
Iowa State University Extension

2. SAS/C fdopen-bug

3. Managing WAN Client-Server solutions sought!!!

4. drawing

5. Managing WAN interfaces using SNMP.

6. External modem nightmare!

7. Power managed NT-Version ? Installing NT Service Pack ?

8. How do I manage Netware with a SunNet Manager?

9. Problems with mpich 1.2.4 on a WAN (the NT-version..)

10. Orbixweb, NT server, WAN comms problems?

11. 123r24(DOS) + Netware

12. VIM (Dos) under Novell Netware 3.x