Remote Ping with DISMAN-PING-MIB

Post by Brian E. Towe » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:57:07

Can anyone point me to a good source for an explanation of how to use the
DISMAN-PING-MIB to perform remote ping requests to a Linux box?

TIA,

1. DISMAN-PING-MIB rfc 2925 questions

Hi

I'm trying to set-up a ping probe using the ping mib. However I'm unsure
of how to setup a probe instance. There are approx 20 snmp variables
within the PingCtlEntry table that I have to set and I'm trying to use a
mib browser to set them individually.

I thought that I could easily enough select a variable, select the oid
of the variable with a suffix of .0 as example to create a probe
instance and then set the value of the variable.

However I always get an error returned::

***** SNMP QUERY STARTED *****
***** SNMP QUERY FINISHED *****
***** SNMP SET-RESPONSE START *****
Error: No such name
Error index: 1
1: pingCtlTargetAddressType.0 (integer) ipv4(1)
***** SNMP SET-RESPONSE END *****

Can anyone help on how to create the probe instance and then set the
variables of the probe instance. The device running the snmp agent and
mib is a Juniper router.

thanks.

Raj Arora

2. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

3. ping ping ping: Bug or Feature - that's the question :-)]

4. Splinter Cell: CIA ventilation?

5. no ping, but can ping local

6. No connection with FP explorer!

7. PING: HELP ON DOING A PING

8. Two new text books

9. $dbh->ping() not pinging?

10. CISCO PING MIB + SNMP Get

11. CISCO-PING-MIB

12. cisoc ping mib

13. Using the ping MIB variable on Cisco router