1. Announce: MIB Smithy Version 1.5 Release
Version 1.5 of MIB Smithy, Muonics' SNMP MIB Designer/Editor/Compiler
product, is a significant update that adds support for several of the
more obscure areas of the SMI that typically go unsupported by may tools.
This includes complete support for 'module.descriptor' forms for type and
value references described by RFC 2578, section 3.2. This version also
includes support for specifying the OID value for an imported module's
MODULE-IDENTITY in an importing module's IMPORTS statement, allowing the
importing module to locally reference a module by a different name. This
feature, along with 'module.descriptor' references, allows modules to
import and use symbols that would otherwise be ambiguous due to the
modules or symbols having the same descriptor.
Also new in this version, the tool now consistently supports all three
forms for value references -- descriptor, 'module.descriptor', and object
identifier -- for all OID assignments to macro invocations, as well as
all constructs where the SMI macro definitions reference the 'ObjectName'
and 'NotificationName' internal types or 'value(OBJECT IDENTIFIER)', such
as INDEX, AUGMENTS, NOTIFICATIONS, etc., with relevant compatibility
warnings. These are in addition to the forms normally used and supported
by common tools (descriptors for INDEX/etc., and multi-component OID
values for macro invocations).
With these changes, along with the improved internal indexing from 1.4,
MIB Smithy's support for every feature the SMI has to offer is now
considered by Muonics to be largely complete and robust, and one of the
most fully-capable MIB editors/compilers in existence. This will pave the
way for a number of significant new features and tools under development
for the upcoming 2.0 release (early/mid March).
The complete release announcement, with full list of changes and
enhancements since version 1.4.1, is available at:
Product information and a 15-day evaluation version is available at:
MIB Smithy is available for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris (SPARC).
Additional platforms are under consideration, and we welcome contact from
parties interested in specific platforms that are not presently
Questions/comments/feedback may be directed to sales -at- muonics.com or
support -at- muonics.com as appropriate.
2. Question about filletting surfaces.
3. Announcement: MIB Smithy Version 1.1 Released
4. stylus color from phoshp on pc colors bad
5. ObjectFile Release 1.4 Announced
6. .xemacs-options and bad autoloading
7. ANNOUNCE: MIB Smithy SDK - SMI/SNMP Extension for Tcl (Commercial)
8. Concierto for PicassoIV, I need help!
9. Announce: MIB Smithy 2.0 with SNMP Tools, XML, Custom Formats
10. Announcement: MIB Smithy Visual MIB Designer for Windows/Unix
11. How can be compared Centrino 1.3, 1.4, 1.4 processors to Pentium4M
12. ANNOUNCE: DOCModify 1.4 to modify fields in every file
13. Bugzero Bug Tracking System 1.4 Released