How do I manage Netware with a SunNet Manager?

How do I manage Netware with a SunNet Manager?

Post by Shane Weie » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I have an extensive network running both TCP-IP and Novell protocols. The Unix
(mainly Suns) world is managed with  SunNet Manager.

I have been asked to look into managing the Novell world out of the same box. In
particular the PC folk would like me to gather and store stats from their servers to
help establish baselines and get a bit of method into capacity planning.

Any product info and experiences would be most appreciated

Shane Weier

How do I manage Netware with a SunNet Manager?

Post by tjs » Tue, 06 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Can any one help me with this.

>I have an extensive network running both TCP-IP and Novell protocols. The Unix
>(mainly Suns) world is managed with  SunNet Manager.

>I have been asked to look into managing the Novell world out of the
>same box. In particular the PC folk would like me to gather and store
>stats from their servers to help establish baselines and get a bit
>of method into capacity planning.

>Any product info and experiences would be most appreciated

Applications Management Corporation has a product called NS/LANExec
which does what you ask.  Instead of NLMs, it uses WinSock-based
domain agents to monitor sets of NetWare servers.  These agents are
in turn queried and managed by SunNet Manager, with both a cached
SNMP polling mechanism (to minimize cross-network traffic and, which
integrates tightly with SNM applications), as well as a full GUI
interface that allows you to perform SYSCON/PCONSOLE-type operations
on the servers.  The GUI tool is included also in a Windows version
so you can letlocal LAN administrators share the management.  Also,
you can apply commands across the entire domain of servers, even if
they are not 4.x.

If this seems to fit your needs, drop an e-mail to Michael Muntner

may need.

Regards,

Terry Steichen
Applications Management Corporation

PS. Michael forwarded your request to Paul Hutton of Sun-Australia

currently running at his facility.

How do I manage Netware with a SunNet Manager?

Post by Telerate (Asia-Pacif » Sun, 11 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Is this available on Windows NT in 32 bit mode? I'm also interested if it
would work with HP-UX's (I think it's called OpenView)?

Thanks.

William