Where can I get info on the IF-MIB & TCP-MIB ?

Where can I get info on the IF-MIB & TCP-MIB ?

Post by Garet » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 07:51:09

any good web resources?

thanks.

Post by Jim Moor » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:19:45

>any good web resources?

>thanks.

TCP = 1.3.6.1.2.1.6
RFC 1156 defined 17 MIB variables
RFC 1213 defined 19 MIB variables
You're welcome.

Post by Jim Moor » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:24:07

>>any good web resources?

>>thanks.

>TCP = 1.3.6.1.2.1.6
>RFC 1156 defined 17 MIB variables
>RFC 1213 defined 19 MIB variables
>You're welcome.

Sorry. You wanted if MIBs too.
if = 1.3.6.1.2.1.2
RFC 1156 defined  22 MIB variables
RFC 1213 defined  23 MIB variables

Where can I get info on the IF-MIB & TCP-MIB ?

Post by Garet » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:29:27

thanks very much, I didn't think to check the rfc's doh !!

Gareth

> >>any good web resources?

> >>thanks.

> >TCP = 1.3.6.1.2.1.6
> >RFC 1156 defined 17 MIB variables
> >RFC 1213 defined 19 MIB variables
> >You're welcome.

> Sorry. You wanted if MIBs too.
> if = 1.3.6.1.2.1.2
> RFC 1156 defined  22 MIB variables
> RFC 1213 defined  23 MIB variables

Where can I get info on the IF-MIB & TCP-MIB ?

Post by nobod » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:07:34

[ ... ]

>> >TCP = 1.3.6.1.2.1.6
>> >RFC 1156 defined 17 MIB variables
>> >RFC 1213 defined 19 MIB variables
>> >You're welcome.

>> Sorry. You wanted if MIBs too.
>> if = 1.3.6.1.2.1.2
>> RFC 1156 defined  22 MIB variables
>> RFC 1213 defined  23 MIB variables
[ ... ]
>thanks very much, I didn't think to check the rfc's doh !!

You might, of course, want the latest versions of these
MIB modules, in which case you should check out

RFC 2863  IF-MIB
RFC 2864  IF-INVERTED-STACK-MIB

There have been a LOT of changes in the interfaces
group MIB since the original publication of RFC
1213 in 1991.

The latest version of the TCP MIB lives in RFC 2012,
but it's just the TCP group from RFC 1213 translated
into SMIv2.  There is work underway in the IETF to
replace it, but it will take a while.

nobody

Post by Jim Moor » Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:56:37

>You might, of course, want the latest versions of these
>MIB modules, in which case you should check out

>RFC 2863  IF-MIB
>RFC 2864  IF-INVERTED-STACK-MIB

>There have been a LOT of changes in the interfaces
>group MIB since the original publication of RFC
>1213 in 1991.

>The latest version of the TCP MIB lives in RFC 2012,
>but it's just the TCP group from RFC 1213 translated
>into SMIv2.  There is work underway in the IETF to
>replace it, but it will take a while.

>nobody

Write that name down, Jim.

n-o-b-o-d-y

:)

1. MIB Files for some MIB-2 & Private Objects

The MIB files that I been looking at that support MIB-2 have them listed
as being imported on the private mib.  If one will only be supporting a
few parts of mib-2 (some of the system objects), should they just be
objects in the single private mib file, or is there a more convential
way of doing this?

Dave,

2. vms 7.2 & pathworks

3. MIB & MIB EXTENSION information

4. Best way to connect NT (SNA 3) to AS/400 9402

5. IF-MIB and SunNet Manager.

6. ibook slow with Firewire hard drive connected?

7. Problems Installing IF-MIB into SunNet Manager

8. how to open file

9. WindNet MIB compiler and Emissary SNMP MIB Compiler

10. MIB-2 IP MIB get options

11. MIB table with in a MIB table

12. mib(rfcxxxx.mib) addition question(windnet snmp)

13. SNMP MIB Compiler and proprietary MIB development for QNX